Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly

The Good, Bad and the Ugly

With only our youthful strength, love of life, and self-respect we returned to the little rental house at the back of Mother's property. It was at the end of years of doing battle with medical people in Dallas and Oklahoma City only to finally wise up to the fact that they could nothing for our daughter with cerebral palsy.

As I turned this way and that to see the destruction years of renters had done to the once sweet little cottage something in my mind didn't want to go forward with repairs.

"Come on kids, we're going to the movies," I gathered my son and daughter, along with her wheelchair up into the car.

The Poncan Theater only had seats in the balcony vacant and that was great for me because it was my favorite place anyway. The ornate gilden ceiling with its circular decoration was closer to our seats. Easily viewed are the
    decorative boxes high on the walls to make one believe an opera might be attended one day.

The accoustics to the building are good. A person can stand at the wide stage where dark berry velveteen drapes hide the movie screen to speak in a normal voice and be heard to the top of the balcony.

The chair was light with our child and we easily managed the broad steps covered with rich carpet. No sooner were we settled than the commericals were done than the sounds of this music wraped all around us.

What ever that evening with the theater, the music and the movie, The Good, Bad, and the Ugly did for me I can never explain. For some reason the entire thought was a creation of thankfulness on my part. Thankful to be home where familiar Good things, Bad things, and ugly things. To return to the trashed out apartment seemed less of a challenge somehow. So it is with the arts of media, audio, fine or any other, I have found.
    Ever wonder how they did the music for The Good, the Bad & the Ugly?
    the Ugly
    This is FANTASTIC. Turn it up nice and loud and enjoy.
    LISTEN TO THE WHOLE THING...

Donna

Re: The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly

Donna,

Growing up in the suburbs of Dallas in the 70s was very rewarding because it was the beginning of the equal rights movement and the end to the KKK as it had been known in the history of the southern states. My mother had become one of the first female police officers for Dallas County. She had completed the police academy in 1971 when I was only 8. My father owned his own demolition company and was tearing down what was known then as Oak Cliff. The old run down area of town.

The KKK wasn't giving up to change and staged a few protests in which I witnessed. I could not understand the full impact at such a young age because I was taught to treat everyone by the Golden Rule.

A song and a movie helped me to understand. I want to share it with you. The Good The Bad and The Ugly of Society.

This song has been with me all these years and I taught it to my children and now teaching my grandchildren.
    kellyd:redrose:

Comment

Working...
    X