Sibbald's History & Description of Stirlingshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sibbald's History & Description of Stirlingshire

Ranald very kindly provided me with this book in pdf format and it is now up on the site. It was first published in 1707 but reprinted in 1892.

You can read this at http://www.electricscotland.com/book...rlingshire.htm

Alastair

Re: Sibbald's History & Description of Stirlingshire

It looks like a good reference, I have not downloaded it as yet to have a good look.

In about 2003 I downloaded and printed another valuable reference from the ES archives, namely.... THE HISTORY
    OF
    STIRLINGSHIRE

BY WILLIAM NIMMO

Fortunately I was able to do it at work on a high speed printer as Im sure it took about a ream of paper to complete it, books like this make a great resource for family history/genealogy research and assist in "fleshing out" the background details of how our families lived/survived in those far off days.
    I also utilised the "Old & New Statistical Accounts" for the various parishes in Falkirk area and Fife where my family roots are.

Thanks to Ranald also for supplying the information

Gordon.
    Last edited by 1938 Observer; 31 October 2010, 21:59. Reason: forgot "thanks to Ranald"

Comment

Re: Sibbald's History & Description of Stirlingshire

I've been trying to do a project which takes an area of Scotland and goes into great detail of the history of the area and goes right up until today. To do that you need the co-operation of locals and so far I haven't been able to get that. There is a project being mooted about Lossiemouth where it's been announced that the RAF base is to be closed. I won't be holding m breath on this one but ever hopeful.

Alastair

Comment

Working...
      X