Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am now a land owner in Scotland

It's been a while getting here, but I am now a land owner in Scotland

Since Sat is my birthday, my number one son thought I should have a title, so he bought a piece of land in Scotland for me.
    It seems under Scottish law, if you're a land owner you are also known, as" Lady" or "Lord" which ever the case may be.... he's thinking it would be great to have friends and family, use the title, of "Lady Grace of Blackwood".

The land comes with a fancy crest covered paper giving me all rights to the name.

I've had a good laugh over the subject and yet it, was thoughtful of him to do this, as he knew how much I loved Scotland and things of Scotland ..........to be fair,... I also love Ireland.
    ...now for the rest of the tale........

I know most you have seen the little adds in papers and magazines selling a foot of land, (to Yanks especially,) well there it is,........ so somewhere on a rocky mountain side, in a place called "Blackwood"....that I feel sure only a goat could get to, is where I think my one square foot of land lies ...... no matter it's the thought that counts. Yes, it's all in fun for an ol' lady's birthday, .....
    but you may still address me, as Lady Grace,......<bg> .
    hugs to all, stay well..... gee-gee

Re: I am now a land owner in Scotland

:smile: can't say I've heard of that one before, being entitled to call yourself Lord or Lady by owning land in Scotland. Sounds like some smart aleck found a way to get some money out of you Americans :laugh2:
    Oh well, it's a bit of fun as long as they didn't charge too much :wink:

Elda

Comment

Re: I am now a land owner in Scotland

I guess 30 quid isn't too much to become a Lord or Lady..
      http://www.highlandtitles.com/index.asp
      Euan..

Comment

Working...
      X