Hi to Diane, Rose and Donna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi to Diane, Rose and Donna

I haven't seen you on the board in a while and I believe Rose is new. ES is evolving and wanted to just let you know, I sure enjoy your posts!

I have been really busy attending registration class for child daycare.

What is really exciting for me is to receive an invitation to Balgonie Castle in Fife for a fund raiser. This is taking place the 25th March 2011. It is period dress as in 14th Century. My daughter Katy wants to attend it with me. We will get to experience some good performers!

I hope they will let me take pictures for ES.

Let me know what you ladies think?

Thanks!
    kellyd:redrose:

Re: Hi to Diane, Rose and Donna

Hey Kelly,
    I try not to post too much. I am, by the way, not Scottish and didn't want to intrude on the board more than I have already. My only "claim to fame" is that I am a registered Mayflower descendant. There is always alot of pride in one's heritage.

You keep up with your daycare classes and start your business. I am excited for you.

As far as your invitation to the Balgonie Castle fundraiser, it is "fantastic"!!! Playing real life adult dress-up. What else could a girl ask for. Your daughter will love the experience too. Please get as many pictures as you can. I am sure everyone would love to see them. I am curious as to where you will get your 14th century attire.

Oh, I have been thinking of you this week. I saw Emma Watson on some late night talk show. I believe she is from the Harry Potter movies you like. And Susan Boyle's holiday release "The Gift" is now #1 on the billboard knocking Taylor Swift from that postion. I bet her holdiay songs are just great.

It was good reading your post. And hey to everyone else. Hope all is going well.

Comment

Hey Kelly,
      I can't read my post so I will try again. I don't know why that happens but it must be me.

I try not to post too much. I am, by the way, not Scottish and didn't want to intrude on the board more than I have already. My only "claim to fame" is that I am a registered Mayflower descendant. There is always alot of pride in one's heritage.

You keep up with your daycare classes and start your business. I am excited for you.

As far as your invitation to the Balgonie Castle fundraiser, it is "fantastic"!!! Playing real life adult dress-up. What else could a girl ask for. Your daughter will love the experience too. Please get as many pictures as you can. I am sure everyone would love to see them. I am curious as to where you will get your 14th century attire.

Oh, I have been thinking of you this week. I saw Emma Watson on some late night talk show. I believe she is from the Harry Potter movies you like. And Susan Boyle's holiday release "The Gift" is now #1 on the billboards knocking Taylor Swift from that position. I bet her holiday songs are great.

It was good reading your post. And hey to everyone else. Hope all is going well. And if this doesn't post again, I promise not to try any more times.
      Last edited by Diane; 18 November 2010, 10:43.

Comment

Hi Diane,

Come on lass and start some posting, you do not have to be a Scot to participate, you certainly will not be intruding and I'm sure you have some interesting stories to pass along for us to enjoy, it's all in the spirit of friendship.
        Have a nice day,

Gordon:redrose::angelic:

Comment

Diane,

You are indeed a sweetheart! You need to download Firefox or Google Chrome browsers. My IE 8 began messing up and I was loosing posts too.

I really am so very excited about this Taybridge Fund-raiser! It looks like my mother is going to get to join us! She will be representing the Ochiltree's. I told her I am just going as a volunteer for ES.

We have found some good patterns on Ebay. I have a good seamstress lined up. Our dresses will be made and I hope it will be alright for the laird of Balgonie!

I am staying busy with the classes. Hartlepool is in desperate need of home daycares. I have passed so far.

You speak of being a Dame of the Mayflower. I am DAR and UDC with qualifications for Colonial Dames but nothing as far back as Mayflower Association. I am very honoured you are my friend and a friend of ES!

We all enjoy your posts so don't let a wee thang like Not being of Scottish ancestry stop ya!

Comment

Gordon, I have been called many things over my lifetime ; ) but I have never been called a lass!! Thank you for your post.

Kelly,
            That is so great that your mom will probably attend the fundraiser too. It will be special to have all three generations together, you, your mom, and your daughter.

I don't know what "DAR and UDC with qualifications for Colonial Dames" means, but it sounds impressive.

And I am glad that we are friends also. Your great!

Comment

Hi Diane,

It just means Daughter of the American Revolution, United Daughters of the Confederacy. Colonial Dames is basically the same thing, the time frame is before 1776.

I have suggested to Laird Balgonie a benevolent society named the Daughters of the 45 should be organized. The 45 is 1745, Jacobite uprising and Bonnie Prince Charlie.

This week at class is learning how to be self employeed in the UK part 1. The next two weeks is food hygene certifications.

We will be celebrating Thanksgiving on Saturday here as school is still in.

Comment

Working...
              X