Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just when you think everything is running smoothly...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just when you think everything is running smoothly...

The Sunday roast - a nice chicken breast with all the trimming - the breast should have been done in 65 minutes, took 3 hours. Last night, the oven burnt tea. I had to just break down and buy a new oven/cooker. The results cut right into the Christmas budget.

I am touching wood, nothing else breaks down!
    kellyd:redrose:

Re: Just when you think everything is running smoothly...

I can sympathize Kelly... my furnace didn't pass it's annual inspection which meant I had to purchase a new furnace as the part needed to fix the old one was not available anywhere despite me searching all over Canada and the USA. That in itself is a whole new story which I'm going to put together for my Canadian Journal.

Alastair

Comment

I can also sympathize, My seal a meal broke, then my water heater sprung a leak and the dishwashers leaking, cmon!! are they talking to each other!!
      and Alastair, my dishwasher is only a little over a year old, and the part I need, small gasket thing, is not to be found anywhere!! frustrating.

Comment

What's a "seal a meal"?

I'm my own dishwasher so I guess I'd need to breakdown before dishes didn't get washed :-)

Frustrating though as that means you need to get another dishwasher or find someone that might make a gasket for you.

Alastair

Comment

Seal a meal is one of those plastic bag melter's.

It took two different stoves and shifting one cabinet and cabinet top over 3 inches and I now have a nice silver double oven/stove.

I also got to put a new living room group on lay-away! I have not enjoyed brand new living room furniture since living in the UK and thought I would treat the kids and myself!

Cheaper to get a dishwasher, I am afraid!
          kellyd:redrose:

Comment

Working...
          X