SEPT 22, 2012 - MARCH & RALLY FOR SCOTTISH INDEPENDENCE - Edinburgh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SEPT 22, 2012 - MARCH & RALLY FOR SCOTTISH INDEPENDENCE - Edinburgh

Please join us at the permanent PAGE for the Rally/March at: http://www.facebook.com/pages/22-Sep...335889?sk=wall
    just click on LIKE when you arrive.

ALSO, if you want to be kept up to date with details about the March and Rally, who is speaking/performing etc - then please click the link below also.
    http://www.independenceforscotland.com/mailinglist.html

Finally, we really need volunteers to help organise and motivate people to attend from allover Scotland - please get it touch if you can spare even 30 mins a week.
    info@independenceforscotland.com

Click image for larger version

Name:	1024.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	213.9 KB
ID:	23909
    Last edited by March and Rally 22 Sept 2012; 18 February 2012, 08:40.

Re: SEPT 22, 2012 - MARCH & RALLY FOR SCOTTISH INDEPENDENCE - Edinburgh

I would like to know who is behind this waste of time. And also why the want donations and where would the money go?

Sandy

Comment

Sandy

You might do better to remember that some common manners and decency would get you the answers you seek.

Comment

Touchy...
        Why would there need to be March? King Alex is already marching Scotland down the road.
        Sandy

Comment

HI SANDY

No not touchy - just not keen on RUDE people.
          Are you in favour of Scottish Independence then?

Comment

If you thought that anything I said was rude then you are VERY touchy. I expressed an opinion about an event. Is that not permitted?
            As to my opinion on Independence - If you look through some of the other posts in this forum you may establish that for yourself. I am not hiding anything.

Sandy

Comment

Your first words uttered to me were "I would like to know who is behind this waste of time."

If you do not perceive that to be rude then so be it.

I perceive it to be rude and unnecessary and frankly a fairly unintelligent way to start a debate or obtain information.
              If I wish to question someone about something I do not normally insult the event or whatever it is they are organising - to do so usually gets nowhere.

So in your case - I have no wish to talk with you if you think you have a right to answers whilst at the same time being rude.

Perhaps next time frame your questions slightly less aggressively and put forward your case for disagreeing.
              I do not have time to exchange on a juvenile level.

Comment

Guess I have my answer.
                You must be a politician - no answers to questions and waffle.

"I would like to know" - generally accepted as a "musing"

"A waste of time" = an expressed opinion.. Perhaps perceived as rude but an opinion none the less.

Sandy

Comment

Wow! Go Sandy! Never seen you get so het up before. I kind of feel that I don't really have the right to support either side since I don't live in Scotland any more and haven't for 40 years.

The only thing which I think is stupid is to keep breaking up the governing bodies into smaller and smaller areas which just means more politicians and more public servants......in other words, more taxes to pay for them.

Elda

Comment

Exactly, but "the sheep" are not thinking
                    More Gov't equals more taxes
                    Never mind "No taxation without representation" (for our US cousins).
                    At least one SNP member has called "unionistS" "UN-SCOTTISH"
                    I defy anyone to call me that to my face...
                    Sandy

Comment

Unionists Un-Scottish? Keir Hardie must be turning in his grave!!!!

Elda

Comment

Originally posted by sandyc View Post
                        I would like to know who is behind this waste of time. And also why the want donations and where would the money go?

Sandy

The website seems rather bare,[FAQ says a lot of nothing] probably why they need money, no names, no affiliation [to who or what]

The campaign to save the individual Scottish Regiments [as separate entities] did not succeed as they are now "the Royal Regiment of Scotland" [ I will stand corrected--as usual]

Comment

That's exactly why I "mused" but it seems that Jeff is not yet think skinned enough for politics.
                          Elda, one female SNP member did use words along those lines.

I am in Manitoba just now trying to babysit a 3 year old "monkey" and an 8 month old puppy. A nightmare but fun as well. I have a new grand-daughter born yesterday and Mum and Dad are still at the hospital. Hopefully they will get back home tomorrow and I can regain my cool and calm demeanour (:laugh2:)
                          Sandy

Comment

That's exactly why I "mused" but it seems that Jeff is not yet think skinned enough for politics.
                            Elda, one female SNP member did use words along those lines.

I am in Manitoba just now trying to babysit a 3 year old "monkey" and an 8 month old puppy. A nightmare but fun as well. I have a new grand-daughter born yesterday and Mum and Dad are still at the hospital. Hopefully they will get back home tomorrow and I can regain my cool and calm demeanour (:laugh2:)
                            Sandy
                            Congratulations on the new grand-daughter Sandy....:-)

Elda

Comment

I Like that term for a politician 'think skinned' meaning inured to thinking.

Congrats on the grandchild too. Have fun Sandy.

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

Working...
                              X