X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Understanding

Winter’s Arrival, December 1, 2010

Yesterday, actually, winter was through with its coy behavior and landed
    on us with both feet, smack, dab in the middle of our complacency. The second
    trip to the bird bath and feeder saw me wearing winter garb of heavy coat and
    hood. Mind you, the second trip. The first foray with wind tearing at my light
    garb gave me understanding.

“Fool!” I spoke to myself. “Did you think this Indian summer would last forever?”

For those who are not bored to tears with my crafts projects I must tell you I only have twenty pot holders made. Last show one man picked up ten of them, which tells us there is a way to go on the numbers.

“Yeah,” my grandson, already grounded in the mentality of our times observed, “For a dollar a piece!”

Back to the word, “understand.” How can we paint a picture of “love your neighbor,”
    not “skin your friend.” It takes me about ten minutes to sew those things up, the fabric is a scrap from some other project and that cost is covered already. A blouse sewed up from a dollar a yard fabric? Surely, the left over fabric has been a free-b.

The love of visiting with new faces and learning new things, even at this age, probably is passed over by the generations going ahead of us. Kids are so savvy now. Illustration in point.

A friend read to her son from the Bible, “My son listen to my commandments and from them comes understanding.”

When the five year old, already advanced in his reasoning abilities, was asked, “What did you get from this scripture,” he replied.

“I didn’t understand it!”
Working...
X