Ice on the Bird Bath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ice on the Bird Bath

The ice is broken off the bird bath, feeder and the dog’s water bowl. Immediately old Duke slurped up the warm liquid like he was glad to get it.
    Birds congregate suddenly around the fresh seeds on the bird feeder.

Warm water is lavishly poured over green plants on the back porch. They can’t speak so how do I know they appreciate? Something like a feeling of a secret garden seems to arise from the place and I feel they would wave to me if they could. There are house plants of fern leaves, broad leaf, wine colored and gold leaves as well.

The floors have been swept with sweet smelling herbs and thoughts to organizing an agenda on Monday just as we in practice cottage at Chilocco did so many years ago.
    The tea towels embroidered for 4-H when I was a child etched in my consciousness the thought of Monday, laundry, Tuesday, ironing and so forth. The advent of washer and dryer make this almost history, but I still am curious because I can’t remember that
    schedule of the days of the week and what chore came on what day.

In searching for that old saying I came upon this woman’s site and how impressed I am and how refreshing to see a woman working just as women must do in order to raise her family.

Here’s the site. I know most on my list are grandmothers without the responsibility of raising young children, but maybe you will wish to send it on to your family as I am doing.

To Native American grandmothers who so often picked up the pieces in ancient times, when Mother’s were lost and in modern times through divorce and or death I send this.
    Not to leave out so many non-Indian grandmother’s even to the point groups are formed to support them. This woman is an inspiration.
    http://toomanykidsinthebathtub.blogs...1_archive.html
Working...
X