Use of a Painting Knife Demonstrated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use of a Painting Knife Demonstrated

The year was 1966. The joy of my son’s birth with little problems, his quick and easy motor development was joy untold. Maybe the thought of scalpels, surgery and such turned my thinking
    to using a painting knife. Knife on the brain? Whatever whetted my interest is of little importance now.
    The thing is my love affair with the painting knife was introduced. I stumbled across this video as I
    searched for an abstract demonstration, so to kill two birds with one stone, abstract and painting knife, I’ll send this along.

Picasso once said, “There is no such thing as abstract art. All things must start with something, a bird, a flower or something real.” So it is with this video by an Australian artists. The title is at the end.
    He uses a limited pallette which is a good thing, too. Actually three or four monochomatic colors will do. White, burnt umber, yellow ochre are nice colors. This is actually how I started using oil paint.
    Rhonda was a baby, we lived in a small apartment close to her therapy in Oklahoma City. Rod had a salary but there wasn’t a lot of money left over for crafting or art work. I picked up these three colors and so began my love of oil.

The thing about abstract art is that no one can really criticize your work (a killer for a beginner). They don’t know anything about it anyway. This free’s you up to play with the paint and in the meantime learn how to control it.

http://painting.about.com/od/paintin...ting_knife.htm
Working...
X