Fun Frugal Tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun Frugal Tip

A friend brings me bits and pieces of things his wife saves for me. Egg cartons, jars, fabric, knick-knacks, what ever she is tossing to clean house. They know of my saving and recycling ways. One of the things she sends are used up expensive scented candles. There is always quite a lot of wax left in the jar I had to wrack my brain to think of a way to use this. So here it is:

Heat a pan of water and set the jar and candle down into that, When the wax melts pour that into one of the empty egg cartons. Use a paper cardboard egg carton. Set that on top of a plate in case the hot wax might run through on the bottom. I use a pair of pliers to lift the jar from the hot water. Be careful!
    Hot wax can burn. Set that in the ‘fridge to cool,

After this cools, break the cups apart and trim the edges of cardboard off with a pair of shears.
    Take these cubes and drop them into dresser drawers. It’s a nice surprise to open a drawer and enjoy the lovely scent.

The jar itself is usually attractive and can be used in various ways; filled with candy, a small flower vase, or whatever is needed for a gift, I keep these moving out as gifts so things don’t pile up. The vases I keep on a shelf so they can be easily seen.

There isn’t a person who doesn’t appreciate getting a small gift. To see their face light up for a moment is a way to brighten my day, too. As my flowers are cut off they come back in a more prolific way too.
Working...
X