Journal to End 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Journal to End 2011

Vacation for my husband left me leaving him strictly alone, all except for one day. On that day he printed off last year’s journal to set on the shelf next to all the other
    memories, helped me move my large easel inside from the cold patio, rebuilt a weathered chest of drawers where I keep odds and ends of art, painted the bottom of the weather ravaged easel, moved heavy boxes of fabric to the shed, put up gold coat rack hangers for a coat room.

On one single day I almost frantically pushed to get things done with which only a man could help me. By the end of the day Rod was ready to run away and I could see it in his eyes. He submersed himself in the Oklahoma football game and I vowed to gift him with peace for every remaining day of his vacation while silently sighing to myself, “I’m done.”

The completed journal is easy to thumb through and I smiled so many times as I saw pictures of old friend’s anniversaries, children’s parties for this or that occasion and on and on. Speaking of parties this will necessarily be short as I busy myself with doing a special day with my son’s family. Blast the divorce as we try to make a hateful situation go away with bits of frivolous things like floating balloons, special music, a fire pit for the hot dogs, thoughts of entertainment. Who will come play their instrument for us? Or can I find music for dances for children like we did at Chilocco? Do the hokey pokey, turn your self about, that’s what its all about.

And so it is we go into 2012 on the Rhonda Lou. Not very exciting to report, but then, tomorrow we start a new journal.
Working...
X