Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Haplogroups of European kings and queens

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Haplogroups of European kings and queens

If you go have a look at the Stuart project youll see the core signature is MacLeod/Stuart and maybe exact signature of Charles II,Its not my kit,Also I been checking out your YDNA I would suggest that you join the MacLeod project for there are a number of William/Neill in that project.
    Stand Fast Craigellachie

2. Thanks Kelly d thanked for this post.
    Like Kelly d liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Donald,

I am going to research the core signature and what it means!
    kellyd

Post Thanks / Like

Donald,

My mother and I took a couple of hours together through chat to try and research what you have mentioned above. We must be doing something wrong because we are still one to three a way on identifying markers. It still shows paternal is McNeil of Barra and Jura.

The U2 connections are matching Irish/German family names. What have you discovered from the mita DNA?

Thanks!
    Kelly
    kellyd

Post Thanks / Like

In your YDNA signature there is a 14,15,16,17 at DYS464 ,Buies is also Clan Grant sept,If your a 3 marker mismatch your still related MCA with the same within time line
    Stand Fast Craigellachie

Post Thanks / Like

Each family or clan group eventually forms its own sub-branch and these branches are typically represented by at least one unique marker. In theory it should be possible to separate them but as yet no one has found more than 7 markers for the MacDougalls (Prof Sykes, 2004). With respect to R1a1 haplotypes, MacDonalds are quite easy to tell apart as they mostly carry a mutation from Lord John of the Isles (circa 1350AD); MacAlisters do not carry this mutation; and MacDougall data is not yet available. Therefore, MacAlisters are separable from MacDonalds but MacDougalls are not separable as yet.

If you look at the markers for Clan Donald R1a1 haplotypes, you will see a combination of two markers, DYS458 and DYS459a. Clan Donald have the combination of 16/8 for these markers, except for the Highland branch which has 15/8. Many more haplotypes in 67-marker format are needed for this to be definite about the Scottish Branch as a whole. With R1b1 haplotypes, ie. not ‘true MacDonalds’ (sic), it is practically impossible to tell the difference between these different clans. The most that can be said is that all the Clan MacDonald (Scottish Branch, Highland sub-branch), apart from ‘daughtered out’ and adoptees carry a SNP mutation which is not carried by lowland clans. The MacAlisters generally sit in the Scottish (Highland sub-branch) branch as well, as do the Alexanders, but there also appears to be a lowland sub-branch.
    Stand Fast Craigellachie

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, I have found the repeat of those markers over and over again, how about the odd ball 25 where everyone else is 24? Does it matter or can it be as the other markers?

You are very clever on this. I am going to Familytree DNA and start comparing so I know exactly what you are talking about. Does my grandfather have the mutation you speak of, the reason why no one else in the whole data base can match him?
    Last edited by Kelly d; 18th January 2011 at 12:05.
    kellyd

Post Thanks / Like

A 25 just means your a little father away from the signature,doest mean it puts you out,yes your DNA has Highland branch which has 15/8
    Stand Fast Craigellachie

Post Thanks / Like

Donald,

I had to wait a day to calm my red headed self down but I found the matches you are talking about!!!! You are so smart!
    kellyd

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information