Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just what goes into, and stays in the mind, of a 2 year old?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just what goes into, and stays in the mind, of a 2 year old?

This link to the BBC will let you know the answer..... perhaps...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...tland-15110519

Amazing..

Ranald

Re: Just what goes into, and stays in the mind, of a 2 year old?

Ranald, I can remember things which happened when I was only just turned 2. Only isolated incidents but they were confirmed as true by my parents. You should never underestimate a small child's ability to understand even if they can't reply too well.

Elda

Comment

Thanks, Ranald for posting this. I believe that, in comparison to "my" childhood, as we had dial phones, kids nowadays have more "sophistication" in regard to the "button" type phones. My grandkids had little push button play phones, & they also learned at an earlier age what to do. At two, the child is still a baby, but they do understand simple stuff. I cannot for the life of me remember as much about my 2nd & 3rd kids' childhoods, but my oldest son when he first spoke in a sentence, saw a robin, & said "See the bird." Also my kids learned earlier how to "go" potty, than the kids now. Lots to discuss, particularly from momma's point of view. Joan

PS: I can remember lots of things that happened when I was 3.

Comment

Joan, when I was very young, we did not have a phone.

Eventuall we did, and you lifted the ear piece off its hook (which made the connection), placed it against your ear and spoke directly to the operator !
        'Can you put me through to Mr Dale'...... 'could you connect me to Dr Marr' (the local doctor) etc....

Ranald

Comment

Working...
        X