Internet Accuracy Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Accuracy Project

I ran across this website today, which gives a lot of information. It stated that we could provide a link for "your website", so here it is! You can look up facts, etc., errors in encyclopedias, also free e-books, etc., etc. I haven't looked at it all. Do note here, much of this is for the USA & Canada. Hope you all like this!!! Joan

Here is a clickable link:

http://www.accuracyproject.org/
    Last edited by FriedaKateM; 10 October 2011, 13:09. Reason: provide clickable address

Re: Internet Accuracy Project

Joan, on going to the link, I found that the very first sentence was grammatically incorrect, a fault which I thought very odd for such a site.

Mind you our newspapers in the UK are among the worst for grammar. I fear that correct grammar has been lost for good and will never return.

Could it be that the schools were at fault during the education in the 1950' onwards?

I have to admit that when writing something with pen or pencil, I tend to use correct grammar, but with the keyboard..... well I am not a touch-typist!

Ranald

Comment

Yes Ranald, things like that also leap out at me. It should read, " Internet Accuracy Project works to improve the accuracy of the reference sources on which we all rely."
      It often irritates me when I read a newspaper article where the grammar is dreadful and those people are getting paid to write!!!:angry: I could do better!!! :smile:

Elda

Comment

To all of us...

Please don't throw the baby out with the bath water! I am of the type of person, who sees mis-spellings, errors, major problems, in different posts, & web-sites. I used to participate in spelling bees when I was a young kid! (And win.) But, in order to continue living in our changing world, that appears to being going downhill in English, grammar, spelling, facts...ad infinitum, we kind of have to turn the other cheek, so to speak.

I mean, even the state of Indiana, in the approved education of our children, is stating that kids will not be learning how to write cursive anymore. I find that kind of ridiculous, as I make "cursive" notes all the time, even while on the computer, here at my desk.

This site I posted does have valuable facts, different things that can be important, if one gives it a chance. I found out yesterday that it was 'a holiday', & we were NOT going to get a mail delivery. Of course, my aging brain had forgotten that it was Columbus Day. (Here I was thinking that it was only my ex-husband's birthday!! hah!) Take care....Joan :shamrock:

Comment

Working...
        X