Kate Atkinson's Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kate Atkinson's Books

I just finished one of this author's books last night, having read it in about two days. It is called: WHEN WILL THERE BE GOOD NEWS? It was quite a gripping & suspenseful book, which did take a bit of concentration at the beginning, as it was difficult to see a pattern. She added so many different characters, that I got "sort of confused". Eventually it more or less became clear. Her writing is slightly more intellectual than some others!

Her "ongoing" character, as I see it, is Jackson Brodie, who is a guy supposedly to be a private detective. However, he was a soldier, a policeman, & varied other occupations. But overall, her book did hold my interest, & I was determined to keep reading.

Some of her other books are: Case Histories, One Good Turn, Behind the Scenes at the Museum, plus a collection of short stories, Not the End of the World. She lives in Edinburgh. Her website is:

www.kateatkinson.com

My cousin, whose married name is Atkinson, & I were initially shopping at a large chain book store, maybe last year, when I spotted the Museum one, as I noticed my cuz's last name on it. So, I suggested she buy it. I haven't read any except the one I mentioned above. (I bought mine at Goodwill!) Just to spread the pleasure of reading books...........Joan

Re: Kate Atkinson's Books

Here I am replying to my own posting. I've been reading Kate's BEHIND THE SCENES AT THE MUSEUM, & maybe because it's her first book, it is difficult. However, I just plain do not like this one. Too many characters, with chapters all mixed around, like one chapter, then another champter marked footnotes, which is of a totally different era. I also believe that I had read it previously, but sure didn't remember it, till I slogged through most of it. (my book review) Joan

Comment

Working...
    X