Awaiting the results of the 67 marker test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awaiting the results of the 67 marker test

Family Tree DNA posted a perfect match to our kit. His surname is Carmichael from the Lochaber area. We order the other marker test and will hear very soon on the results. This still falls under the MacNeil of Barra with the Viking marker and SNPs which match the Stewarts. I am still confused!
    kellyd:redrose:

Re: Awaiting the results of the 67 marker test

Hello Hello Kelly,
    Glad to hear from ya. Hope you are enjoying your new life! Miss ya. I am sure you will eventually get your ancestry figured out. Keep posting.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly d View Post
      Family Tree DNA posted a perfect match to our kit. His surname is Carmichael from the Lochaber area. We order the other marker test and will hear very soon on the results. This still falls under the MacNeil of Barra with the Viking marker and SNPs which match the Stewarts. I am still confused!
      Hi Kelly, so what was the results?
      OBD2

Comment

Hi,

This is the special project we have been put into. It seems Dr Wilson is hunting a very old gene. DYS 393 = 12 - Cluster 1 - Scotland - MacNeil of Barra

R-L165 (S68) Project FTDNA R1b1a2a1a1b5b- Background

Administrators
        Lori McLeod-Wilke wilkes1@windstream.net , Group Administrator
        Alasdair Macdonald alasdair@familytreedna.com , Group Co-Administrator
        Conrad Terrill cwterrill@comcast.net , Group Co-Administrator
        Timothy McLeod tim@mcleod-cabin.net , Group Co-Administrator
        Surnames
        Ayton, Beall/Bell, Bronson, Buie of Jura, Cameron, Carmichael, Childress, Gallie, Greenwald, Haag, Hammer, L165, MacDonald, MacLeod, MacNeils of Barra, McGirt, McKinney, McLeod, McNeil, R-L165, Ross, S68, Terrill, Turrell, Tyrrel
        Background

For the most up to date information regarding the project please see the ABOUT THIS GROUP>RESULTS page

For additional information on eligibility requirements for membership please see the ABOUT THIS GROUP> NEWS page
        The SNP defining R-L165/S68 was discovered in 2007 by Jim Wilson of Ethno Ancestry. It was originally thought to be a "Private SNP", but later found in another individual with a different surname and haplotype; Ethno Ancestry designates the SNP as S68. FTDNA found the same SNP independently in 2010 and initially thought it to be "Private" until more unrelated samples showed up. The FTDNA designation for this mutation is L165.

Later in 2010 it was discovered that the two designations actually refer to the same SNP. ISOGG convention in these cases is to to list them alphabetically regardless of which was discovered first. The ISOGG designation is therefore R-L165/S68.

Europedia lists the origin of this SNP at about 3,500 years before present. They show the most prevalent ancient group to be Germanic; however there has been considerable discussion on this matter.

Comment

If anyone is interested in reading, I will post our 111 marker reading...Just say so....

Comment

Hi Mama,

I think it might be a great idea to share it as only 7 known tested, have the same grouping!

Comment

Working...
            X