HM the Queen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HM the Queen

First Minister Alex Salmond today paid tribute to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth on the 60th anniversary of her accession to the throne.

The First Minister said:

“I congratulate Her Majesty on the 60th anniversary of her accession to the throne, during which she has served her country with the utmost grace and distinction.

“Her dedication and commitment has inspired countless people across the country and around the world. And of course, Her Majesty’s affection for Scotland is reciprocated by Scots of all generations. I am looking forward to the official celebrations of Her Majesty’s Diamond Jubilee in June.

“The Scottish Government is working closely with Lord Lieutenants across Scotland in relation to the many events which are being organised by communities to celebrate this wonderful occasion.”

Her Majesty the Queen came to the throne on February 6, 1952 and her Coronation took place on June 2, 1953.

The main Diamond Jubilee celebrations marking 60 years of HM the Queen's reign will take place will centre around an extended weekend from June 2 to June 5 this year.

Communities across Scotland will take part in the Big Jubilee Lunch and beacons will be lit across Scotland as part of the 2,012 beacons being lit across the UK. Beacons will be lit at Balmoral Castle, The Palace of Holyroodhouse and Edinburgh Castle amongst other venues.

Re: HM the Queen

Following on from your message Alastair, here is a link from the BBC which I found of interest. (I hope it works, if not I will create an MS Word and send that here.)

The moment a princess became a queen

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-16795006

Ranald

Comment

Re: HM the Queen

Thanks forf that Ranald... was able to view it.

Alastair

Comment

Working...
      X