Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Party Politics play a part in the Independence debate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Party Politics play a part in the Independence debate?

It is just my thought that the Independence debate seems to be going down party lines whereas I feel party politics should have nothing to do with it.

I can of course understand it as should Scotland gain independence then that probably means that the Labour party will never again gain power in England and Wales.

However it is Scotland that matters in this debate and if we do gain independence then there will be a whole new political system in Scotland. Hopefully this means we will get rid of the old parties and have a whole new system of Government.

Alastair

Re: Should Party Politics play a part in the Independence debate?

The independence debate is progressing along lines of YES or NO. The SNP, the Greens and one or two Independents support the YES campaign, Labour, Lib-Dem and Tories are all united in their support for the NO campaign.

After independence, the Labour, Lib-Dem and Tory Parties in Scotland, as presently constituted, will cease to exist. This is why they are united in opposition to it, their jobs are on the line, the lucrative way of life that they have done little or nothing to justify will end. They will stop at nothing, however reprehensible, to retain the status quo.

New representatives of the Scottish people, and new parties, will replace them. They will be answerable to the Scottish people, and standing on policies of benefit to the people of Scotland, not to English organisations, or the benefit of ‘Middle England’, as at present.

Comment

Working...
    X