Thread: Are You Confused about the 2014 Referendum ?

Post Thanks / Like

Are You Confused about the 2014 Referendum ?

Regardless of how it may seem from the press reports, the 2014 referendum is not about party politics. The referendum is not an election, although many Scots are under the impression that the referendum is about voting for the SNP. That is not the case, although they will do little to persuade you otherwise.

The referendum is about you and me choosing whether we want to govern ourselves, or continue to be ruled by Westminster and Brussels.

Only at the Holyrood elections can parties be voted into power, and by 2016 there will be a choice of political parties. The SDA seeking independence from both Westminster and Brussels, the SNP and the Greens seeking partial independence, and the Labour and Conservative parties who believe in the supremacy of Westminster, plus other choices.

A Yes vote will enable the Scots to raise and spend all of our own revenues. Allow us to trade more competitively in Europe and the Commonwealth as a member of EFTA, rather than the EU with its trade restrictions and crippling red tape. We are 'Better Together': That's why an independent Scotland, with its own voice, an equal say, and control of its own destiny, would cooperate with the other states in these Islands in order to deal with matters of mutual concern and continue to be British.

A No vote means things stay as they are, with austerity cuts and Scotland's oil, energy and whisky revenues being used to keep afloat the credit rating of debt ridden Westminster. The high costs to business of the regulations from Brussels and the ever increasing sovereign debt we pay due to the ongoing failure of Westminster to regulate the bankers.

For further information contact: info@scottishdemocraticalliance.org

The above article was sent to me by the Scottish Democratic Alliance (SDA) and so it is their wording and not mine

Alastair

2. Thanks Lizzie thanked for this post.
    Like 1938 Observer liked this post.
    Animal Connect 2 Champion! Archery 2000 Champion! Archery Champion! Artic Tri Peaks Solitaire Champion! Bejeweled Blitz Champion! Brasil Slingo Champion! Bubble Shooter Champion! Crazy 7s Champion! Crystal Golf Solitaire Champion! Halloween Tiles Champion! Home Run Derby Champion! Kenoka Slingo Champion! Klondike Solitaire Champion! Mahjong Connect Champion! Mahjong Solitare Champion! Pool Jam - 10 Minute Game Champion! Power Driver 2.0 Champion! Pyramid Solitaire Champion! slingo Champion! Slingo Delux Champion! Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion! Solitare Slingo Champion! Speartoss 5 Shots Champion! Spider Solitare Two Suit Champion! WOW Connect Champion! Yeti Sports 5 - Flamingo Drive Champion! Yeti Pentathlon Champion! Zuma Web Champion! 247 Mini Golf Champion! Golf Solitare Champion! 144 Tiles Mahjong Champion! 2010 Mahjong Champion! Aerial Mahjong Champion! Ancient Crab Mahjong Champion! Animal Mahjong Champion! Broken Hearted Mahjong Champion! Black White Mahjong 2 Champion! Cafe mahjong Champion! Doof Mahjong Champion! Elite Mahjong Full Champion! Everyone`s Hero Mahjong Champion! Flag Connect Champion! Great Mahjong: Classic Champion! Kung Fu Madzong - Mahjong Champion! Kytky-Mahjong Blitz Champion! Mahjong Garden Champion! MahJong Champion! Mahjong 3D (004) Classic - Abstract Champion! Mahjongg 3D (150) Tribal - Orbital Champion! Mah Jongg Dimensions Champion! Mahjong 144 Blocks Champion! Mahjong Science 1 Champion! Osmose Mah Jong Champion! Trouble Mahjong Champion! Zodiac Aries Mahjong Champion! Zodiac Mahjongg 3D Classic 03 Champion! Zodiac Virgo Mahjong Champion! 9 Dragons Hexa Champion! Ancient Jewels Champion! Bejeweled Champion! Diamond Mine Champion! ICE Breakers Champion! Jewel Quest Champion! Sea Elements Champion! Staries Champion! Treasure Hunt Champion! Ultimate Jewel Champion! Zookeeper 2 Champion! Bookworm Champion! Chain Letters Champion! Word Search Champion! Quick Words Champion! Scramble! Champion! Spellbound Champion! Algar Champion! Easter Egg Match Champion! Penguin Arcade Champion! Ski Jump Champion! Turkey Bowl Full Champion! Christmas Tiles Champion! Air Hockey Champion! Ball Shooter 1 Champion! Belize Beauty Champion! Bubbels Champion! Car Shooting Champion! Click Clack Champion! Slingo Crazy 7s Champion! Destructionism Champion! Spin to Win Champion! Tetris 2 Champion! Video Poker Champion! I Love You Mahjong Champion! Scrabble Blast Champion!
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are You Confused about the 2014 Referendum ?

Yes, I am confused.

I am confused when I see people who do not reside within Scotland's boundaries spouting forth how I, as a resident, should vote at the forthcoming referendum. It is not 'you and me' choosing whether we want to govern ourselves or otherwise, it is ME and ithers like me, who have to decide what we want.

dmf

Post Thanks / Like

OK... I edited the above post to clarify that the article was from the SDA in Scotland and not my own words. I guess I should have clarified that so have now done so.

Alastair

Post Thanks / Like

I was considering this posting again and I figured that we could use the country flags in our profiles to say where we are posting from. Like I decided to put up the Canadian Flag so anyone would know I am posting from Canada. Were Scots in Scotland to pick the Scottish Flag then it would be easy to see who was a local Scottish poster.

It wouldn't of course be 100% as you can't insist the member pick a flag so just a thought.

Alastair

Animal Connect 2 Champion! Archery 2000 Champion! Archery Champion! Artic Tri Peaks Solitaire Champion! Bejeweled Blitz Champion! Brasil Slingo Champion! Bubble Shooter Champion! Crazy 7s Champion! Crystal Golf Solitaire Champion! Halloween Tiles Champion! Home Run Derby Champion! Kenoka Slingo Champion! Klondike Solitaire Champion! Mahjong Connect Champion! Mahjong Solitare Champion! Pool Jam - 10 Minute Game Champion! Power Driver 2.0 Champion! Pyramid Solitaire Champion! slingo Champion! Slingo Delux Champion! Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion! Solitare Slingo Champion! Speartoss 5 Shots Champion! Spider Solitare Two Suit Champion! WOW Connect Champion! Yeti Sports 5 - Flamingo Drive Champion! Yeti Pentathlon Champion! Zuma Web Champion! 247 Mini Golf Champion! Golf Solitare Champion! 144 Tiles Mahjong Champion! 2010 Mahjong Champion! Aerial Mahjong Champion! Ancient Crab Mahjong Champion! Animal Mahjong Champion! Broken Hearted Mahjong Champion! Black White Mahjong 2 Champion! Cafe mahjong Champion! Doof Mahjong Champion! Elite Mahjong Full Champion! Everyone`s Hero Mahjong Champion! Flag Connect Champion! Great Mahjong: Classic Champion! Kung Fu Madzong - Mahjong Champion! Kytky-Mahjong Blitz Champion! Mahjong Garden Champion! MahJong Champion! Mahjong 3D (004) Classic - Abstract Champion! Mahjongg 3D (150) Tribal - Orbital Champion! Mah Jongg Dimensions Champion! Mahjong 144 Blocks Champion! Mahjong Science 1 Champion! Osmose Mah Jong Champion! Trouble Mahjong Champion! Zodiac Aries Mahjong Champion! Zodiac Mahjongg 3D Classic 03 Champion! Zodiac Virgo Mahjong Champion! 9 Dragons Hexa Champion! Ancient Jewels Champion! Bejeweled Champion! Diamond Mine Champion! ICE Breakers Champion! Jewel Quest Champion! Sea Elements Champion! Staries Champion! Treasure Hunt Champion! Ultimate Jewel Champion! Zookeeper 2 Champion! Bookworm Champion! Chain Letters Champion! Word Search Champion! Quick Words Champion! Scramble! Champion! Spellbound Champion! Algar Champion! Easter Egg Match Champion! Penguin Arcade Champion! Ski Jump Champion! Turkey Bowl Full Champion! Christmas Tiles Champion! Air Hockey Champion! Ball Shooter 1 Champion! Belize Beauty Champion! Bubbels Champion! Car Shooting Champion! Click Clack Champion! Slingo Crazy 7s Champion! Destructionism Champion! Spin to Win Champion! Tetris 2 Champion! Video Poker Champion! I Love You Mahjong Champion! Scrabble Blast Champion!
    Post Thanks / Like

Good idea Al. I've done just that

dmf

Post Thanks / Like

The only problem is that the Saltire has "UK" stamped on it and the option to select no flag does not seem to work.

Thread Information