Thread: Beneath The Abbey Wall , A Novel by A. D. Scott

1. Beneath The Abbey Wall , A Novel by A. D. Scott

Just thought after finishing this book today, that I'd share it somehow with our community. This is of course, a novel, but is a mystery. I like to read some like this, as I get surfeited with history, etc.

The writer is a woman, who was born in the Scottish Highlands, educated at Inverness Royal Academy, & the Royal Scottish Academy of Music & Drama. Currently lives in Vietnam & north of Sydney, Australia.

The book is set in "The Highlands". A very well liked woman is killed. This focuses on the newspaper weekly, & its "curious" band of journalists, who evidently have solved mysterious deaths in the past. As a hardened "reader", I did enjoy reading this book, as it definitely held my interest. Even to the point of staying awake reading last night to 01:40 AM. Finished it today. I would urge those of us that like reading mysteries, to look this one up, & read it! What a mixed bag of characters in the village! Let me know IF anyone of us does read it?! Joan

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beneath The Abbey Wall , A Novel by A. D. Scott

I've noted down the details and will look for it in the library. Do you know when it was published?

Elda

3. Thanks FriedaKateM thanked for this post.

Post Thanks / Like

According to the website 'Good Reads the book was published November 13th 2012 by Atria Books

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...the-abbey-wall

two other additions are available, published by Thorndike press and Simon and Schuster. There is also an ebook edition out there for those that like electronic gizmos.

5. Thanks FriedaKateM thanked for this post.

Post Thanks / Like

FriedaKateM! Your post helps me to know that how much you have a concern with reading and thanks for sharing about your interest with community members. I am also a big fan of reading books, even every night before going to bed, I love to read any novel on my tablet and after checking the miolchu's shared link I must say now, it is easy for me to read this novel.

Thread Information