Enigma Machine #71

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enigma Machine #71

Some tricky ones this week, so good luck. A couple of them I don't understand.

http://www.electriccanadian.com/life...igma/EM~71.gif

Cheers,

Hugh

Re: Enigma Machine #71

Morning to all - I seem to be first on the scene this week, so I'll have a go at kicking this one off: #1 "Out on a limb", #2 "Highway by-pass", #3 "Her initials", #4 "Penny for your thoughts", #5 "A pea in a pod", #6 "Stand up", #7 "Green with envy", #9 "coffee break", #11 "crossguard" (on the hilt of a sword) and #12 "Search high and low". Cheers all, John.

Comment

Good start John, I'll give you #1,#3, #4, #7, #9 and #12.

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

Hey, all...seeing that it's twenty to 11 PM here, I just got the enigma printed!!! I have one... #11 is "crossing guard". I've been extremely busy lately, & was out most of the afternoon. Then we had a major thunderstorm, & my electric went out for two & 1/2 hrs..!! But I'm still here.

Joan

Comment

Glad you're still there, Joan - I agree with your #11. Hugh, I'll change my #5 to "Two peas in a pod" and try "Back to square one" for #8. (Didn't see the thin blue lines, perhaps I need reading glasses.) Perhaps #6 could be "Corner stand"?
          - cheers, John.

Comment

John & Joan great answers. We are left with #2, #6 & #10 although #6 is so close John (think back to your childhood).

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

Hi Hugh, #6 Stand in the corner.... I was told the more than once !!

Ranald

Comment

That's it Ranald, you got it. That leaves #2 & #10. I don't understand the answer for #2 so you might have a better one.

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

Hey, all.. I have been sitting here looking at the last two! Our #2 is "highway overpass". #10 is really an enigma!?! Just thought of something....#10 is "time me".

Joan
                  Last edited by FriedaKateM; 14 July 2014, 15:01. Reason: addendum

Comment

Hi Joan, I really like your answer for #2, it made more sense than The answer I have. #10 is very simple so don't try to make it complex.

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

HI...I'm grasping at straws here. How about for #10 "Tea for me".

That's all, folks....Joan

Comment

I'll try #10 "Half-time". - John.

Comment

John that is the answer I have. Any other suggestions for #2?

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

Joan scooped my sudden "highway overpass" epiphany, but I was going to try "Stitch in Time" for #10 (looks a bit like a baseball), ... but "half time" works better.

Comment

Hi Hugh, #2 Central pass way ?

Ranald

Comment

Working...
                              X