Mosque attacked in Quebec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mosque attacked in Quebec

I thought I'd leave this for a wee while before commenting.

I have been covering stories for years on how Christians and their churches have been under attack and hundreds of thousands have been killed. Given that I confess my initial reaction to the attack in Quebec was to me a feeling of about time too I did question that reaction.

Canada is of course a very ethnically diverse country and I have not seen a lot of coverage of the sheer number of deaths of Christians around the world so how to react to this I'm truly not sure. As I said I was at first pleased that at last the Muslims had got their just deserts after many years of getting away with it And in some ways I am still pleased they have at last suffered in a very small way compared with what Christians have gone through over many years.

Of course I do condemn these typed of attacks on any religion so is it right to feel that at last they have a little taste of what Muslims have done to Christians over many years?

So what do you guys think?

Alastair

Re: Mosque attacked in Quebec

We're all part of the human race. I personally don't care if someone is black, white, purple, or any religion under the sun. If they respect me then they will get the same in return. BTW when my late husband was dying one of his most frequent visitors was a young Muslim guy who was a work colleague. He was a lovely young man with a young family. He used to always tell Dieter that he was praying for him.

Elda

Comment

Sorry All, there is no excuse for the attack. Those people had not harmed anyone. Two wrongs do not make a right...
      Extremism breeds extremism.
      Sandy

Comment

I of course spent many years of my life living in Muslim countries. Iran and Kuwait in particular.

I've just got irritated that so many Christians have died just because they are Christians and their churches attacked. Like you can build a new mosque in the UK or Australia but can't build a new church in the Middle East.

That said the King of Jordon has allowed a church to be build in his country where John the Baptist baptized Jesus but to my knowledge that's the only church built for decades. I also remember that the little church in Ahmadi in Kuwait was always a place you could be secure when I was living there.

Mind you there have been many mosque attacks made by competing Muslim sects.

While writing for the Knights Templar I was asked to write regular articles on the plight of Christians so perhaps I have spent a lot more time on this topic than most people would normally spend.

Alastair

Comment

Not all Christians get on with each other and history is littered with man's inhumanity to his fellows...

Comment

The King of Jordan has an English mother who was a Christian before she married his father. Maybe that's why he is more tolerant.

Elda

Comment

Islam is roughly 600 years newer than Christianity and is behaving like Christians did 600 years ago. Most of the world's Muslims seem to be able to accept the 21st century, but the zealots from the middle east are rapidly populating Europe, Great Britain and to some extent, North America. There is great potential for conflict and destabilization, so although burning mosques is definitely a criminal act that is not to be tolerated, we will need to be diligent in any efforts to accommodate medieval theologies.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                Islam is roughly 600 years newer than Christianity and is behaving like Christians did 600 years ago. Most of the world's Muslims seem to be able to accept the 21st century, but the zealots from the middle east are rapidly populating Europe, Great Britain and to some extent, North America. There is great potential for conflict and destabilization, so although burning mosques is definitely a criminal act that is not to be tolerated, we will need to be diligent in any efforts to accommodate medieval theologies.
                Rick, I've been saying this for years.
                Sandy

Comment

Working...
                X