Brexit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brexit

Well as you no doubt know by now May's deal was voted down by a massive 230 votes.

That means we are now at sixes and sevens as to what to do next. It seems to me the only way forward is to leave with a no deal.

So... what do you think?

Alastair

Re: Brexit

OUT now...
    And wait until the next General Election and punish the MPs

Comment

Sounds like a good plan to me.

Alastair

Comment

'Here's a comment from someone living in Holland:

Earlier today I asked the question "Would you vote Remain or Leave now you know more about the EU?" and a friend of mine Eddy Lonergan posted this comment .... I've typed it out word for word as I believe that everybody, needs to know whats really happening in Europe by somebody who has lived in Holland for almost the past 4 decades,

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THIS REGARDLESS OF WHAT SIDE OF THE BREXIT FENCE YOU FIND YOURSELF BECAUSE I BELIEVE THAT EVERYBODY SHOULD KNOW WHATS NOT BEING GIVEN NEWS COVERAGE .....

Eddy Lonergan's own words ... not mine

"I wish the Brits would take the time to see whats going on here Roger. ... I'm a scouser living in Holland getting on 40 years now. .... It is just as bad, in some ways worse than in the UK. For example, Health Insurance is compulsory whether working or unemployed. My wife and I pay 250 euros per month and that is basic, no dentals, physios or extras. 2 major hospitals have shut down - there are no beds - the A&E is the same as the UK, families are asked to look after their parents because of shortages in Care.

The immigration problem is a laughing stock, food banks are not coping, people in work are not making ends meet and are relying on food banks. .... Belgium, Germany and France have the same problems. Angela Merkel is stepping down as Prime Minister (Chancellor) but has forgot to tell everyone she has a secure high position in Brussels. .... Why would you want to be a member of a gang of pocket-filling thieves who do not care about their people? ... As for Junker ... don't get me started ....

The EU countries are crumbling and no f*cker gives a "dangle-doo-dandy", so GET OUT while you can and maybe others will follow suit". .... They are scaring and flexing their muscles and hoping that it will turn around, because the membership fee the UK puts in every year will have to be put up by the remaining countries. .... Holland will have to double their fee we've been told. ... What other countries can afford this?

Spain, Greece, Italy all bankrupt, so you see the EU does not want to lose the UK and will bully any way to try to win it over by threatening the Northern Ireland deal, the fishing deal, giving back Gibraltar and whatever else they can get their grubby hands on, so don't be fooled, it's not a bed of roses, things are bad here and like I said, in some matters its worse.

The riots in France are not just about fuel tax, its about living standards. .... Belgium and Holland have also taken up the baton with the Yellow Jacket Demonstrators because they're tired of it. .... Take the time to find out yourselves, then you will be glad of Brexit, and like I've said, with sense, Holland will follow suit" ....'

End of quote.

Also.. I note the comment about the Question Time debate on the BBC... see

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2019/0...orbyns-labour/

Alastair

Comment

How come Scotland manages to have free prescriptions plus free universities?

Elda

Comment

Well Scotland has been granted control of health and education as a devolved power which gives them the right to decide things like this. However, that of course is an extra cost and is why if Scotland went Independent they would lose billions as the Barnett Formula pays for much of it.

Alastair

Comment

Mind you it's not that expensive... I believe something like 53 million pounds.

In other news....

French firms start to panic about no deal Brexit. As many as 30,000 French companies export to the UK, and 3,300 have British-based operations, according to government figures.

Also...

Dutch business fears Netherlands has much to lose from Brexit. The Netherlands, seen as one of Theresa May’s closest European allies, has a lot to lose, particularly with a disorderly departure.

Alastair

Comment

I'm starting to believe that all journalists and TV news presenters should disclose their voting preferences and beliefs so that we are aware of their attitudes when they write their articles or conduct interviews.

Like while I cover Brexit I am quite clear that I am for Brexit and also believe we should leave on a no deal.

Alastair

Comment

Seems that the Cabinet can't make up their minds on Brexit. Now May is looking to Corbyn to get her out of the mess. Of course getting out of the Common Market is a must but for some reason Corbyn wants a Common Market deal.

I can see an election coming up but before it does we musr deselect the remain MP's. That means ordinary voters need to become members of their political party so they have a voice in who they will select to run.

Alastair

Comment

Working...
                  X