Thoughts on a Sunday morning - 6th September 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on a Sunday morning - 6th September 2020

Good morning . . . welcome to September and all the changes that the months ahead will bring. First off, next Sunday we will be back to Church, but these Thoughts will continue (and they do NOT translate into sermons, so you can do both!!! If you plan to come to St Monica’s on the 13th, do let me know. The plans set out by the Diocese are challenging!

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 says it all: For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted; a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; ...

As we approach a new season, have you been thinking about what it will be about, what you will be doing or refraining from doing? I have. And I would like to share my THOUGHTS on the subject with you.

God bless until we are together again . . .

Nola

ALL WE HAVE ARE PRECIOUS MOMENTS

How to count the minutes of our lives and how to use them. Do you allocate your time when you wake, or budget it as carefully as you do your money? Or does it just slip away? Consumed by the unending demands you, and others, make on it.

As we emerge from our enforced holiday from so much that used to consume it, can we do better? And why we should . . . . . . our THOUGHTS this Sunday morning.

Nola

Re: Thoughts on a Sunday morning - 6th September 2020

For a musical perspective on time, you might want to revisit Jim Croce’s “Time in a Bottle”

Comment

Working...
    X