14 Days Solo Camping in the Yukon Wilderness - The Full Documentary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14 Days Solo Camping in the Yukon Wilderness - The Full Documentary

The Yukon holds some of the World’s last large expanses of wilderness. It’s, brave wilderness - deep backcountry camping, remote wild camping in the full sense of the word as it’s well off grid and far from the road system. This is the full documentary about my survival in the woods where I’m truly alone in the wild and exploring the Yukon. After bush flying into a remote mountain lake, I head out solo camping and fishing on a wilderness travel adventure for fourteen days by canoe. On the trip, I paddle the advanced level whitewater of the Hess River and then follow the Stewart River, completing the trip some 400 kilometres later in the community of Mayo. On this adventure, I catch Arctic Grayling and Lake Trout. What’s better than catching wild Trout for a catch and cook over the fire while in the Yukon? I also find a remote traditionally-built trappers log cabin, run multiple whitewater rapids, undertake long, bushwhack portages and see a lot of wildlife.

The Yukon is a place where dreams are made and where adventurers have been going to follow their dreams since the Klondike gold rush in the 1880s. As much as anyone, I went there to follow my dreams and they became a reality

This long documentary version is basically all of the episodes from this adventure back to back with a few edits to shorten it down. Still I wound up with the longest film I’ve ever uploaded by far.

Working...
X