Electric Scotland is a "Cult"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Scotland is a "Cult"

I was told there was a wee article about us in this 125th anniversary issue of the Burns Chronicle and got sent in a copy of it...

www.electricscotland.com
    Electric Scotland has almost a cult following in the world of the web. A mass of information about Scottish heritage and culture, and very big on Burns, their page http://www.electricscotland.com/burns/index carries a multitude of contributions, and reprints of some old writings. For some real gems of Burns knowledge get into Frank Shaw's major work 'Robert Burns Lives', on URL http://www.electricscotland.com/fami...rank/burns.htm This consists of articles by laymen and scholars regarding Burns.

There are currently 97 articles or chapters on this website. All of the articles are for your enjoyment and research and new articles are posted on a regular basis. You will also find some book reviews on Burns. Several at the top of the list are Robert Crawford's Saltire Prize award winning biography The Bard, which was called early on by the poet Don Paterson as "the world's least necessary book". Frank predicted in January 2009 it would become the definitive biography on Burns and stands by that. Then there is the outstanding book Fickle Man by Gerry Carruthers and Johnny Rodgers, a most necessary book for any scholar - real or imagined, as well as Merry Muses of Caledonia..."with explicit adult content" by Valentina Bold. Frank poses the question; Is Burns "the most famous smut master" of them all? You will also meet the "Dean of the Bard". Dr. G. Ross Roy, as well as many others who eat, breathe and live with their subject. Just as importantly, you will find articles by everyday people or laymen, or, as described by Burns, the common man.

Frank will take articles for his website, contact him at jurascot@earthlink.net

So now you know and if you are reading this you're part of a "Cult" <grin>

Alastair

Re: Electric Scotland is a &quot;Cult&quot;

Oh! if we're in a cult, please give us advanced warning if someone tries to convince us to move to South America and drink purple Koolaid.

Actually I think you have such an avid following because you are able to post information on the Scots, Scottish culture, arts and history without resorting to the mummification process that academic writers are wont to use.

Comment

Re: Electric Scotland is a &quot;Cult&quot;

And I do have a great time doing it <grin>

I will be bringing you a book about the Scot in England which will show you how the Scots made England great!

Alastair

Comment

Working...
      X