Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on a Sunday morning - the 11th day of April 2021

Good morning...

Before moving onto my THOUGHTS, I invite you to offer up this prayer of thanksgiving for the life of Prince Philip, a life so well-lived:

God of eternal life and love

We give thanks today for the life and witness of Philip, Duke of Edinburgh,

For his service in pursuit of peace as a naval officer,
    For his service to the Queen as a wise counsellor and companion,
    For his commitment in marriage for over seventy years in witness to mutual respect and love,
    For his commitment to nurturing family and guiding with wisdom their growth and development,
    For his encouragement of young people around the world to skill development, physical health, adventure, and service through the Duke of Edinburgh Award,
    For his care and advocacy for all of creation
    For a life lived selflessly in service to others.

We remember with thanksgiving and commit him into Your keeping this day in the sure and certain hope of resurrection to eternal life.

May he rest in peace and rise in glory. AMEN.

Locked in or not, this is a glorious Spring . . . all my fish made it through the winter and are looking fat and sassy. I hear the basket balls hitting the garage doors more often than the hoops and the gardens are benefitting from early starts and lots of time for plantings.

Give thanks to the Lord for all we have and then face each new challenge with courage, as did Prince Philip. My ideas on courage are found here . . .

God bless until next week.

nnDnn

Nola-Susan Crewe JD, MDiv, MA, GCTJ
    Rector - St. Monica’s Anglican Church
    Grand Prior III Canada (2017-2020) - OSMTH
Working...
X