Booksignings, Berms, Beautiful Tulips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Booksignings, Berms, Beautiful Tulips

It's raining here on the Rhonda Lou, so slightly. November 17, 2010 and I'm looking out my window toward the berm. I try to do a bit on it every day, that is until the weather gets cold.

The junipers branches are now logs cut down after having grown big over a thirty year life. These have been stacked at the edge of the berm and they make a good holding boundary for the soil. Cedar will stay for years. By soaking the ground with a hose I've been able to get a shovel into the clay. I've stacked that soil mixed with mulch behind the cedar post edges and into that my tulip bulbs will go. They love this soil for some reason and we will have a nice row of color in the spring.

The little bit of outdoor exercise is a necessity for this diabetic soul and does give me a few moments of personal satisfaction which becomes like a necessary ointment in these worrisome times amid discussions of forced health care, economic conditions professed to get worse, family issues, debt, etc. etc.

Yesterday I received a very nice letter from my publisher congratulating me on the publishing of my last book, Lee’s Passion, so this is good news. Soon will begin the efforts for promoting the book, but then, this is the fun part. I enjoy meeting new people in book signing, struggling with getting from one place to another. I could write a book on that. More than once I borrowed my daughter’s car for trips. Reaching out to short distances like Pawhuska, Perry and Arkansas City was my greatest journey there. Still, the time alone gave me a retreat back into the days when I drove for my uncle as we covered miles of highway for his artifact and souvenir businesses. That was fun too, and an opportunity to meet people I would have never known otherwise. Dale Robertson’s, an actor in that time frame, his family of the QueenAnn’s, (loved that name.) were in our collection of clientele.

For the moment I’m not thinking far enough ahead to start calling bookstores and so forth to schedule signings. The berm seems to be a better promise with a lovely stretch across my front lawn for another nice flower bed.

Every signing requires my spending hours on the computer in that town advertising my book and that isn’t too bad, either. At least I get a working acquaintance of what is in the town, other than McDonalds. I only feel a little sad that none of my family shares my love of adventure in this way, well no one, except Rhonda. When I am sure of good, dependable transportation and if I can talk someone into going with us to help with the wheelchair she gets to go. I love to hear her tell people of this or that point of interest in one or another of the towns.

Re: Booksignings, Berms, Beautiful Tulips

Congrats on getting your book published Donna. For those that don't have the details the book can be purchased at http://www.publishamerica.net/product25623.html

Alastair

Comment

Working...
    X