Leif on the Rhonda Lou

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leif on the Rhonda Lou

A friend, thank heaven for friends, sent this joke to me this morning.

. "A famous Viking explorer returned home from a voyage and
    found his name missing from the town register. His wife insisted on
    complaining to the local civic official who apologized profusely saying, "I
    must have taken Leif off my census."

Gad! I love this joke. My husband being filtered down from Viking ancestors has maintained their culture. (are you with me here?) The thing is he maintains that life (leif?) syle and I rightly identify with Leif's wife.
    I devise all these ways of stealing a bit of a vacation and Leif, 'er I mean, Rodney, promptly sabotages my efforts. I think I've found a bit of a way for a one day vacation with these book signings, that is until he will throw a monkey wrench into the plans. Leif, I mean life, can be wonderful? Rhonda and I are a united front
    on this, though, and we are determined to get off the Rhonda Lou, once in a while. The fat would be in the fire if I could actually make some money with the books, which hasn’t happened this far. I’m sure the Viking way is correct because the booksigning cost gasoline, eating out, so on and so forth. However, my Jones blood of the Gone With the Wind mentality remains my filtered down culture and I’m refreshed beyond words from seeing new places and new faces even for just one day. It’s true East is east and west is west but never the twain shall meet?
    Rudyard Kipling’s Ballad. I would change the last line to, “when two, a strong man and a strong woman stand toe to toe.”
    http://www.bartleby.com/246/1129.html
    Donna
Working...
X