Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not For the Hoity Toity

Not for the Hoity Toity

We're a bit like children waiting here for winter's first blast. You know the child,the one who keeps asking from the back seat of the car, "Are we there yet?"
    The house plants came inside off the patio a month ago because a frost was predicted. That didn't happen. Oh I'm not complaining, just mulling over the happenings here.

No, certainly not complaining. I've had time to set in 120 tulip bulbs, transplant two of the Knock Out roses one my best friends gave me. We are comrades in the crime (if this is a crime) by staving off the winter of life with a love for beautiful plants. Our sword is rather rusty in the form of a shovel whose handle has become a bit like a piece of driftwood.

Yesterday my knight in armour, one Rodney, built a tall enough bird feeder so Rhonda can see the red birds filch our sunflower seed from it when the snow flies.

Not to neglect the activities around our decidedly tiny art show coming off in December. The West End furniture store on Grand Avenue is allowing us to bring our work there for a five day show starting December 4. We will be the genre likened unto that of the Greenwich Village of New York, of a Bohemian kind of artists dedicated to the love of craft. No hoity toity entrance of artists from high class outsiders will find us, I'm sure. Nevertheless, a presentation of any and all pleasant craftsmanship from our local citizens will be there for neighbors and kin to enjoy. If you are in Ponca do come by. An extra pleasure will be the wonderfully western furniture in the store.

Re: Not For the Hoity Toity

Good Luck Donna!
    kellyd:redrose:

Comment

Working...
    X