Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dilemma, Do or Die

Dilemma, Do or Die

Everyone knows by now I'm Mrs. Scrooge. All jokes aside, we have lived this way for the 53 years into our marriage. When we were young, and the children were small it was much easier. I just saved every penny before December 25 and then took the kids to shop for what they wanted at the sales in Dallas stores.
    Only once was there a bit of a conflict when my child told another neighborhood friend Santa Claus was a myth. Was that kid's mama ever mad at me. So son and I both learned the wisdom of being careful with sharing our knowledge.

Today the tables are all turned and the entourage of intermarriage pushes me to even more care having to be exercised.
    For instance, one of the family learned very quickly you don't threaten to throw the Baal worshipers image into the snow even to the point of divorce. Quickly the person was taken back to the time in history when the
    realities of "the children and wives will be put away from you."
    With this understanding there seemed the need for protecting the children from child welfare, low income slum housing, and fatherless upbringing and so,
    the images were allowed in the living room, but should be taken down immediately the day after. Some sort of a compromise was met in this way and the peace and good will of the season was accomplished.
    We've read Jeremiah 10 so many times and actually, I don't believe it means a thing to them. However, there has been a bit of a damper put upon greedy little gremlins pushing their parents into buying, buying, buying things they don't need, and don't even want after a few days of playing with them. So, all's well that ends well, I always say.

Here’s a sweet compromise:

No Fail Fudge From the kitchen of Michael Hughes

Ingredients3 cups of milk chocolate chips
    14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
    1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
    1 to 2 cups chopped pecans

Directions
    Mix chocolate chips, condensed milk and vanilla. Melt over low heat. Stir in pecans and then pour into a 13x9 baking dish. Spread out and refrigerate until it becomes cool and firm. Then cut into small squares.
Working...
X