Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gardening-Patio plants

The sun comes streaming in the wide windows on the back porch making the
    great pots of patio plants a bright, brilliant green. The beauty of the sight should
    be appreciated but instead I know it is time for the annual trek of these to travel
    from my homely back porch to the more sedate location of living room, kitchen, bed
    room and wherever so that the lion like winds of March on this hill place will not even be
    noticed. The power of green in our rooms acts like a promise and our consciousness is
    goes to what the world all will soon be again as green slips slowly back over the landscape.
    The back porch where my daughter’s plants made their home for the winter, is a place
    where no one cares if water is splashed on the cement floor. Now to bring them up
    to patio show off I must spend this next month pampering, trimming, repotting, fertilizing
    and doing all the things so that they are at their healthiest best. Watering will be done
    more carefully and in closer together periods of time so that there is no running over on
    the floor.

Someone had tied one of the larger more rangy plants up to a metal shelf where all sorts
    of bits and pieces of things were stored in glass jars. As I tugged on the plant, unaware
    of the tie down went all five rows of shelves with a crash loud enough for Rhonda to
    hear from the other side of the house.

Someone had changed the place of my sweet potato harvest and evidently this is the
    odor I was quietly trying to discover.

SPLAT! Down went the sweet potatoes along with
    everything else. Let me tell you it took me a good part of the day to clean up that mess.

Not to worry the richness of the plants color has already begun to lift the spirits of any and all who come through. Someone said, “plants are like children.” In fact, they are. For such a small amount of time invested their beauty gives so much pleasure.

Gardening page under my pen name Nancy Fletcher. Picture of plants
    http://www.electricscotland.com/gard...ver_winter.htm
Working...
X