X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Without a Dream There is Depression

http://www.squidoo.com/elvis-top-10

The thing to make life fun and livable is a new toy,
    such as the new pasta maker a friend tells me her son purchased for her.

I keep something going, a bit off the beaten track, too.
    Seems to work for me as well in that fight against the miserable thug known as depression.

Last night my daughter brought in some shredded meat and home made tortillas from a local cafe'. The meat spread so nicely on the tortillas and was new to me. We all gathered around in a friendly, happy time and all the black moments of despair and disappointment were shut out.

We have a new kitten. She is so much fun, a natural born mouser who is frustrated with nothing to hunt so she hunts anything on the floor; a piece of crumpled up paper, a pen, a straw. It’s so much fun to watch her beat that object up. Granddaughter named her soda pop; soda for short, because she "fizzes."

Few days ago I painted the mailbox a bright turquoise
    much to the delight of my art loving grandchildren and the need for something different worked.

"I love the mailbox," they all commented, with sly grins as if to say, “Gramma’s at it again.”

Day before last I made an appointment with a real estate dealer to look at this magnificent house.

"Has she lost her mind," Rhonda later told me her thoughts.

The house is 5000 square feet, four stories, a guest house as big as my house with bricked parking area, There is a Jacuzzi on the second floor. A stairway to a top floor is for the maid's room. There were so many beautiful wood and tile floors I can't describe them all. A lovely arbor guards the north side where a bricked patio is under that. The four bedroom basement apartment was paneled in beautiful wood and had an Italian black and white tiled floor.

On the main floor even the small back porch was tiled in a lovely blue color. Turns out it is owned by Conoco Oil company, and is possible for me to purchase. I’m sure they reason it is better to have a house occupied and in that way protected from vandalism.

Look back to the guest house and would that it was more wheelchair friendly, or if I had enough money to make the smaller house work for us. Alas, this is not to be. It was fun to dream of using the big house to exhibit my art and antique photographs, and use one of the floors for a caretaker.

No great intelligence is required to cope. Out of reach psychiatric advice is out to go on with the fight against the sometimes nasty situations in life that have been handed to us. There must be only a willingness to look about for whatever is beautiful and handy. Sometimes that is as simple as painting the mailbox turquoise. So it goes with so many of us.

Re: Without a Dream There is Depression

Hey Donna,
    I just love your post. It is the things that make you smile no matter how small. You have to enjoy everything that you can. Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
    X