• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question About Rhonda Lou's Cerebral Palsy

tube.com/watch?NR=1&v=0ZsX4t1ysFU

http://www.utahtrikes.com/playvideo-49.html

Question - Answer Regarding Rhonda

Hi Donna, How old is your daughter Rhonda?
    ~~~~~~~
    Answer
    Rhonda is 52.
    df
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Question
    And, how severe is her cerebal palsy?

~~~~~~
    Answer:

Rhonda has spastic quadriplegia paralysis She has had years of physical &
    speech therapy, but still it is difficult to understand her
    df
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Question

I have a friend, that I have known since I was 4, that has cerebral palsy--she added public schools and graduated with our class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Answer:
    Rhonda went to public school but they found a way to
    "sift" her out so didn't get to graduate this was after Mother and I fought like Tigers for
    that special education in our school system.
    df
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Question
    I guess she is one of the lucky ones and has overcome a lot of her handicaps--she got married about 20 years ago, learned to drive a car, and bowls on a league. She is one of the sweetest girls you ever met, and I am so happy for her. She had many problems growing up.
    ~~~~~~~~
    Rhonda had many years of therapy but the spastic paraplegia did not let her use her limbs at all. However, she is intelligent and reads a lot.
    df
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Question

Hope your daughter can enjoy life too.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Answer:

Yes, she does. I keep something going all the time and she enjoys. I guess I should keep a journal of what we do, and I do write here all the time so that folks can get an idea of how we
    cope. Last night we had a couple boys here because they didn't care about the Halloween stuff and we had fun with them. Our cat entertained them, "royally." LOL

The day before a couple of the elementary school teachers left their girls here while they had to do teacher conferences. Enjoyed the fun with them. I had gathered and dried my mint and they loved helping me take it off the stems to put in the paper sacks.

"This will clear your sinus," one girl commented and we laughed out loud together about that.

Rhonda loves to join in the activities in any way possible. She watched them jump on the trampoline which is a double bonus for me. I can see them but sometimes get busy while taking my eyes off them. Rhonda stays alert. Too many times for me to count has she stopped an accident about to happen. Their riding the three wheel, low rider bicycle was a joy. One of the little girls knew how already and the other one finally mastered the thing. Rhonda and I had a great laff when she all at once came tearing down our acre long drive way in an expert way.
    We paid 600 bucks for that thing but the fun the kids have on it has been worth it. I think the bikes are less expensive now.

Thank you for asking about our Rhonda of the Rhonda Lou mini farm..
    tube.com/watch?NR

Re: Question About Rhonda Lou's Cerebral Palsy

Good evening Donna,
    Rhonda isn't your only child is she? don't you have another child that is a teacher? I didn't realize you went through so much, which is why you're so wise and care so much for others. I thank the Lord for having found you or rather thanks b 2 the Lord for sending you our way. You have your writing, your poems, your garden, you cooking and God's special child to keep you busy...........to me you are amazing and an inspiration. Chilocco, I'm sure was one of your happiest carefree years of your life? I know it was mine. Chilocco was one of the best years of my life, except for when my kids were little, they were so fun to watch...or at least when I did take care of them until I went about practicing full time with alcohol.
    I just had to comment on your site you sent and prayers are with you and Rhonda. God Bless!!

Comment

Re: Question About Rhonda Lou's Cerebral Palsy

Thank you for your kind post. True I have thrree children. Rhonda, a son, and a daughter.
      My son has been very succesful and only recently is having difficulties through a divorce as us nt daughter. I do not support or believe in divorce in any way and this is my burden to carry at the
      moment. The sad condition of Rhonda's cerebral palsy I can carry because she tries so hard. The
      divorces are really almost too much at this time.

I appreciate your reading and after all, what else do we have but one another.

I didn't know you went to Chilocco. This makes us automatically sisters, doesn't it?

Thank you again for your kind reply

Donna, class of '55

Comment

Working...
      X