Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On Ree (Henry) Loved to Dance

A dear friend writes:
    Whatever your current challenges, know you're loved unconditionally, exactly as you are and you've a mega-powerful fleet of angels at your side, at your back, and as/when/if necessary - in your face, reminding you to Practice Good Self Care. Love yourself at least as much as you love ANY others.

Dear friend,
    I'm so honored to have you, and yes the angels must be busy with my well being <grin> through you.

Things have been, for lack of a better word, crud. If I wasn't a strong person, or extra stupid, which ever, I'd go some place just to sit and cry. I have gone over to the old ranch and cried on Dad's stone steps. I don't anymore, can't stand how vandals have torn those up,
    and too, the realization that no one is there anymore. One year we went so I could have quiet to do some book work.

"Will anyone come by here, Mom?" My little daughter asked.

"No, honey, no one will come by." 60 miles from no where? No, no one will come by."

I can't even die with the realization that all will be well with my children. All this mucking through my mother and father's family's divorces. It takes about until the end of their life time before the sorrow of it comes through. Oklahoma has a 70% divorce rate, I'm told, making us number one for that.

After I did the Pensoneau geneology (mom's maiden name) I was so shocked at what I didn't know about that French family, Francois Pensoneau & Anne Leber (Roi), my gggggrands in France. My grandmother divorced her husband, Narcisse Pensoneau, and we really knew nothing of his family.

Rhonda and I have watched the movie, with Russell
    Crowe, a Great Year, over and over. Russell Crowe looks so much like the picture of my Mom's Dad, Narcisse Pensoneau.

In the movie he even combs his hair like Grandfather's youthful pictures, consequently I'm just now understanding why I do the things the way I do, why Mother did the things she did, and how my husband and I have been in conflict for a whole life time. It's so funny how the English culture and French culture are shown in the movie to be in conflict but how they get along even with the introduction of an American girl to manage three cultures. Sure has been enlightening to me.

It's laughable how much I feel like the French woman who is the servant in the household. She dances when she cleans the floors, a vase of flowers she sets on a desk before Russell Crowe. the woman secretly places a setting of food on the table with a bottle of wine for a guest.

"On-Ree (Henry, the owner who has passed) loved to dance, " she tells his nephew, Russell.

And so it goes, here on the Rhonda Lou. Was Louise passed down from Ann Leber (Roi)? All the legends of France and long ago where my ancestors must have walked through their vines, singing to them, too, so that they would be happy and produce sweet grapes for
    the whole country. My sister did learn of one family procedure for making wine and shared that with me. Think I'll try that.

Re: On Ree (Henry) Loved to Dance

HI, Donna....In my family on my dad's side, we are a mix of peoples...but there's a direct line through my great, great-grandmother back to the French Huguenots, who of course left for religious freedom. Plus on his side, a mixture of Scots, Irish, & English.

Then on my mom's side, I had grandparents who came here directly from England. Spoke with an English accent and all. I sometimes wonder about myself, as I do battle with myself, more than with others. Here's the good part, in living through some of the pain & suffering, we have become stronger & more independent women. Keep calm & carry on. Joan

Comment

Working...
    X