My Friend's Easy Buttered Bread Crumbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Friend's Easy Buttered Bread Crumbs

My friend here in Ponca sent this to me. She has such a wonderful sense of humor.
    Somehow our grandfathers must have known each other in Scotland there was such
    an instant click of friendship between us. She looks like the classic Scottish woman.
    Red, long curly hair, and buttermilk complection. It would be wonderful if I knew how to
    put her video I have of her singing and playing the guitar.

She writes:

Hey gals,
    I've been too ashamed to tell on myself before about this but me making buttered bread crumbs has been a sort of psychodrama . . . every . . . single . . . TIME. I've tried every technique I've ever heard of and still the DRAMA. And just now I got online and tried, yet again, to find an answer. I don't know how my google search was any different this time from the other gazillion times, but I THINK I'VE FOUND IT! THE WAY TO DO IT! It even has the word "EASY" in the name of the thing. If any of you already knew about this, then SIT ON IT, I don't wanna HEAR it! But just in case any of you ARE a closet buttered-breadcrumb-failure like I've been, you now may never have to fess up to it like I'm doing. I'm happy to set you free with the solution and I haven't even TRIED it yet . . . but I just KNOW it in my knower that it will work.

Ta-Da! Here it is!
    EASY BUTTERED BREAD CRUMBS

Ingredients:

Leftover bread or buns

Butter

Directions:

Spread leftover bread pieces with butter.

Place in plastic bag in freezer.

When a large amount has been collected,

tear bread into pieces, place on a large cookie sheet, and

place in a very low oven for several hours to dry out completely.

When totally dry, place bread pieces in food processor about 2 cups at a time.

Process with steel blade, using on/off turns.

Freeze for future use.

Re: My Friend's Easy Buttered Bread Crumbs

I'm a bit puzzled here :smile: Why would you butter the left over bread pieces? I've made breadcrumbs by the same method but I never thought of buttering them. Also you can just crush the dried out bread in a plastic bag with a rolling pin. However, these days it's cheaper to just buy breadcrumbs. Costs more to put the oven on than the price of them in the supermarket.

Elda

Comment

Working...
    X