Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Song of the Wren

http://www.wrensnestonline.com/blog/...ee-do-dah-day/

Just when we think we know everything some tiny event comes into our realm of consciousness. So it was a day or so ago. A tiny Wren slammed into the window of the patio in front. The poor little thing was quite lifeless, I thought. We’ve had birds do this before and recover so I waited.

Sure enough as I stood watching one tiny wing fluttered a bit.
    It’s eyes popped open but it was very still.

“Did you make it?” I spoke to the tiny bird and as if to answer me it again made a small movement.

To make a small nest in an old towel was all that could be done so that it could be set up too high from the dogs and cat and I went on about my chores. Early morning calls for my being busy while fresh enough to tackle anything but I did keep one eye out on the patio.

The next time I went there my vigil was rewarded. There on the corner of the steps was the little bird. It wasn’t flying but, nevertheless, hoped here and there all at the same time the dog came around the corner.

“Oh dear,” again I spoke to it. “You can’t stay here.” With futility my effort to catch it were not quick enough. It hopped away so fast to way back under a cupboard we have there for tools.

“Okay, okay, you’re okay there.” I then went about my business, but I wondered if the bird made a recovery.

This morning while working here, around 6 a.m. I heard the sweet chortle of a little Wren and I know it is the same one, I just know it is. What other Wren would come right up to the door?

My curiosity was whetted and I did a bit of research on the Wren and the song called The Wren, too. What fun that was and by some chance I came across this video of Uncle Remus, I loved so much as a child. So now, I share it with you.

Re: Song of the Wren

Hi Donna

Loved the story and the video.

That was a very little Wern that you saved.

I have just been for a walk in the woods with my dog.

I have noticed that if a blackbird is calling and I whistle back with my version of its call, it follows us around as long as I keep whistling!

Regards

Ranald

Comment

Working...
    X