X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You'll Never Walk Alone, May 16, 2012

You’ll Never Walk Alone

You’

I love the way this singer’s voice blends with the wind sounds of the orchestra behind him.

“Do that for me, son. I’m feeling a bit oldish today,” I asked my grandson to help with some small chore.

“Sure Gramma! But you don’t look old.” He gave me the nicest compliment and my low feelings fell away from me.

Isn’t it strange how much a stream of thought, an intangible feeling or atmosphere can create such a psychological sensation? Every time we went back to our old ranch home that same sensation was to wash over me. There seemed actually to be a gentle touch from that old world and it was so real even though nothing was visible or could, indeed, be physically felt.

After the failure of trying to pull family back together for a restoration of the old house was when I determined to make my world, just around me hold the same ambiance to create a mood for my children and grandchildren not to say I would not enjoy the same.

Piece by piece, one thing at a time I pushed onward until today, sometimes this place has the same sweet memories of the ranch home. The hold of the ancestors and their struggles are on the walls of the museum room and the children know those folks.

“Did I tell you of my Gramma Bell?” I asked an eight year old.

“Is she that lady whose picture hangs by the door of the museum room?”
    The little one asked me.

No greater gift would I ever have to realize she was looking, truly seeing what I put there for her. What I learned from my beginnings I was passing on to my own, and though sometimes I feel I’m walking alone, ultimately, I know I’m not. My ancestor's battles, struggles, creations walk with me and I’m humbled.

Re: You'll Never Walk Alone, May 16, 2012

Donna, this lovely video song takes me back to Ruskin Grade School in Dayton, OH. I was either in 7th or 8th grade, & Miss Keifer, our music teacher, put together a chorus of us kids. We sang You'll Never Walk Alone, I think, at a PTA meeting. I remember we were in rows upon the stage, looking out at parents in the audience. Our voices soared.....And I was watching the faces of the folks, & saw women wiping their eyes. I was totally amazed that they would be crying because we were singing this for them. There's a poem, think by Sara Teasdale, with a line, "their faces looking up, holding wonder like a cup..." Not sure about this, but I think it's a good time for your posting!!! Thanks, Joan

Comment

Re: You'll Never Walk Alone, May 16, 2012

A lot of folks enjoyed this post, Joan. One I only hear from but rarely.

Isn't that a wonderful feeling to see folks enjoying your voices. That hasn't happened to me
      in a very long time. I have a video of my brother's business in construction work with Roy
      Orbison music. I play that during presentations. I guess I'm getting lazy because I am a
      bit tired of standing up in front to talk. I sit where I can see people's faces and they really seem to enjoy the video along with the music. That is what it is all about, taking time out to give folks a break from sometimes tedius things they have to work through.

Thanks
      donna

Comment

Working...
      X