From the Manager of the Rhonda Lou

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From the Manager of the Rhonda Lou

Donna asked me to post this up for her as her computer is acting up...

Apricots have blessed us this year and I’m knee deep in Apricot syrup, jam, gallons in the freezer. No more will I have to stand in front of cans of fruit and long to purchase while I’m walking away knowing we can’t afford it.

The government pays me 400.00 a month to care for Rhonda and I must make do with those wages and feel like a wedge between the taxpayers and the system that pays out over 4000.00 a month for folks like Rhonda who are in institutions. If it wasn’t a labor of love I might feel angry because I watch money for the disabled go into centers for wellness with all kinds of pools, equipment and so forth put there for well people.

By picking up every possible thread of pennies for income, sewing our clothes, cooking endlessly, gardening, doing the physical yard work myself plus the indoor work, we would be in trouble financially since my husband has retired. My daily prayer is that nothing goes wrong on our end but then, something always does.

All this while folks around me look down on me because I "don’t have a real job,"

The harvest is good this year and what a wonderful thing. I’m saving every bit of the produce off this acre to put to good use.

The sage is soon to be bundled for use for cleaning the floors, adding to the laundry in a tea, putting it in a spray for closets along with cedar water. It is easy to whirl a few sprigs in a blender with water to make that concoction.

A bit of fear pushes in on me too, when my legs went out from under me as dead as yesterday’s daisies. It's an old injuy caused by trauma. Nothing explained it to me until I saw "Ryan's Daughter."

I pulled so hard trying to lift myself from the ground I’ve irritated the arm and shoulder where I broke a collar bone years ago. That along with fatigue keeps me from this keyboard.

Rodney my constant companion is taking medicine for alteimers now and if I want to stand and cry over that I will not. I learned years ago when we lost Dad that I should have just enjoyed the days with him and not thought of the eventuality of anything.

Nevertheless, you who are on my list, children, nieces, cousins, sisters, brothers, friends are in my prayers. Know this and be comforted. even though I’m not here with you every day.

Rhonda has lived her life in as normal a way as possible. She enjoys the patio filled with plants and flowers, the shade out the back door where she can bask in partial sun, the children running through, their gifts to her of sweet affection and life in general.

Four hundred dollars a month can’t begin to pay me for that pleasure, either.

Re: From the Manager of the Rhonda Lou

Yes Donna, 'whatever will be.... will be'....

Donna, I think that You must be 'The sunshine' for Rhonda.

Blessings to Yourself, and Rhonda

Ranald
    Last edited by Ranald; 24 May 2012, 11:58.

Comment

Re: From the Manager of the Rhonda Lou

Donna, I think that You must be 'The sunshine' for Rhonda.

Blessings to Yourself, and Rhonda

Ranald

Ranald,
      This works both ways. Anyone who meets Rhonda is impressed with her outlook on life,
      tormented as she is with spastic paralysis.

We are warming up a bit here. The weathr has been so wonderful we don't even have our a.c. on yet. This house sets on a bit of a rise and gets a constant breeze, not matter how
      many trees we've put here. The breeze is nice in the summer, for sure.

The lawyer fee broke me but it doesn't cost anything to clean and sort so I've been doing that along with the canning of apricots. I'm a book hound and every once in a while must straighten and sort those.

Trying to get our store of videos sorted was a chore. I found one Rod's mother left on the travels and ministry of Paul. It had never been opened. Was it ever interesting and makes me want to get her other ones out.

Appreciate your time for a reply

Donna

Comment

Working...
      X