• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stand Taller, Stan Toler

November 6, 2012
    November 8, 2012

Stan Toler (Stand Taller)

A short symposium here at Vo-tech and the speaker, Stan Toler, was a master in teaching leadership. Why must I be reminded of the importance os staying in touch? The man, a wonderful teacher-speaker, has also written numbers of books.

Here is his page:
    http://stantoler.com/ The lecture, although only two hours, gave me so much encouragement. I bought one small book for five dollars and it is a wonderful inspiration to help me get through all I need to around the Rhonda Lou.

My friend, who is an avid reader, has a Kindle. Her eyes bother her. With the kindle she can enlarge the letters as she needs to do. I need that, too,
    I suppose. My book, “Lee’s passion is on the other one with Barnes and Nobles. Nook is what their’s is called.

I’m thinking of getting something like a Kindle. Reading always helped me so much. To take my worried mind away from problems for a short time saved us a lot of money with doctors and medicine as well as keeping me level headed. No comments from anyone here!

There is little understanding, sometimes, in our world and things stay as they are even though I can no longer see that well.

Chores are calling, that mailbox, etc. :)

Re: Stand Taller, Stan Toler

I confess that I really like my Kindle. The only thing against it is that I often can't find a book I'm looking for. With actual books I seem to have a sixth sense on where I'll find it on the shelf. I can't always remember the title but I'll find it on the book case whereas I have a heck of a job finding it on the Kindle. I think this is due to having an idea what the book cover looks like but of course on the Kindle they just present titles and not book covers.

Alastair

Comment

Don't they have a short description of the storyline? That's how I pick my books, not just by title or author. The problem with Kindle, as I understand it, is that you can only buy books from one supplier whereas my library supplies e-books free of charge but obviously not to the Kindle brand.

Elda

Comment

You just get a list of titles and the author so not a lot of help. It might be the Kindle Fire might do things better but what's the point in purchasing more models as that just means you end up paying more for the books.

Alastair

Comment

Working...
        X