McCord School Craft Fair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McCord School Craft Fair

To try to hold to the beliefs of our conscrience I looked at this site this morning hoping that someone else could express my throughts better than I. Part of the message there read: Research suggests that top flight thinkers in many fields are more likely than the rest of us to have hobbies and advocations. They pursue these in tandem with their real work.
    http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...bby-creativity

I simply typed into Google, "The psychology involved with crafts and hobbies." All these wonderful philosophies came up and spoke the words so much easier than any I could. One thought was that our society has become so work oriented that the brain is not allowed to rest as it should. Crafts give this opportunity for a person to renew themselves.

For what it's worth, no one is listenting, at least not in my family. It is work, work, work, sleep, and other side things to do of little value. (Watching t.v. etc.?)

With this in mind we will gather, the crafts people of our little community who still love to bask in the accomplishments of gentle creations of everything from hair ties, pot holders, quilts of such beauty they are to be taken in as a fine painting would be enjoyed. We will gather at McCord School cafeteria, October 23rd, Saturday, 9-4.

Our children will be in tow and learn the rudiments of sales, taxes, providing an article of workmanship, needed and not so much needed. There will be furniture hand made from lovely natural woods, beautiful jewelry created from salvaged pieces of silverware. A hand knitted dog sweater, handmade soaps, bar-b-que sauce, and on an on the list goes.

Last year my potholders made from a laundried horse blanket were popular. So here I am trying my best to sandwich into my scheldule of busyness a few pieces I have designed myself. Maybe I will have to beg a friend to bring along her darling baby blankets she makes in the round to wrap little one in a swaddling like a burrito. She tells me they are 48 inches across, let's see is that 24 inches in diameter? Hmmmm. So it goes.

If you are in the neighborhood at McCord school on McCord road, the one next to Glascow road. Do come by to chat, absorb the magic of hand work, and just generally have a great fun time.

Posted for Donna by Alastair
Working...
X