Re: Of Halloween Past and the Berm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Of Halloween Past and the Berm

Well, Halloween has come and gone and what a relief. I hate seeing the eyes of first my children and then my grandchildren forever changed with the new idiology of fear introduced into their world. I did look up the word idiology just to be sure I was using it correctly. Websters definition is: A body of beliefs assigned to a particular group.
    "Okay! Exactly," I'm thinking. However, the thought is a bit provoking, too.
    "What group?" I then contemplate.
    Oh well, what does it matter. Next year the same old scene will come upon us and I will again be forced to see the innocent eyes of lovely children ever changed as they all of a sudden are introduced to the wiliest of all whips, that of terror.
    To lighter things, the berm is progressing, albeit slowly. The light stems of pruned bushes cleaned out from against the front fence are now stacked on the berm. Today I will be using the last of the meadow hay bale to go over those branches for a neater look. By next spring all will be melted into the ground which will become a lovely place for whatever wishes to grow there. Tulips for early spring must go in now, Forsythia for later spring, maybe more of the Knock Out Roses and whatever else comes up on sale. The wine colored Cockscomb did so well in the back yard I must save the seed. They are a tall plant and are lovely with bright Marigolds in front of them.
    Donna
Working...
X