Not Avant-garde- Crafts Show, Seniors November 5, 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Avant-garde- Crafts Show, Seniors November 5, 2010

Today was a plodding day for me with the boredom of the same old, same old. Slowly but surely my crafts made up of pillows, potholders, ceramic jewelry, pin cushions and a few paintings gathered up and organized in such a way they could be easily displayed on a large round table at the senior citizen center issued to me. Most of the morning was spent with this mindless chore.

Most artists are not interested in the sales part of their lives other than the promise of being able to meet new people and see new creations. This is the way it is with me. Nevertheless, the image staring back at me in the mirror was of a hairdo gone terribly wrong somehow. With only half hearted effort some time was spent on shampoo and hair blower to gain a bit more of a civilized appearance. I’m always a bit hacked off that male artists can go in their rugged way with beards, leather coats, boots, or some other garb of unconventional attire while the women must be groomed to the T, although their get up is allowed as far as being a bit showy. This was after all a senior environment so I didn’t worry much about the T-shirt and slacks I chose which was very much not avant-garde. However, my spirits were lifted a bit with my hairdo, slimming T-shirt and slacks rather than the baggy garb worn earlier in the morning.

Upon arrival my two friends were already set up beside me and that was nice. I look forward to a day of visiting with them between, lookers. There were other people of my age and older working to
    set their booths up and it was all I could do to keep from purchasing right then and there, especially from one little woman who had all sorts of signs she had made. One was a refrigerator magnet of a tiny pig and it said, “I ate up my will power.” Price Tag, 50 cents. Gotta have that one.

If you are in Ponca you must come by the Senior Citizens Center on Grand Avenue across from the Valero Station. Maybe you can even watch the parade from there. We will be in place at 8 o’clock.
    Come enjoy the seniors who get out of bed, do their crafts, dress up and go to crafts shows.

Re: Not Avant-garde- Crafts Show, Seniors November 5, 2010

Dear Donna,

The same ole same ole is sorely missed over here! I wished I had a crocheted blanket to snuggle up in because it gets so cold here but I don't crochet.
    kellyd:redrose:

Comment

As it happens I do have a crocheted blanket that my mother made. We used to call it the "Magic Blanket" and any time you came down with a cold or something that meant you had to stay in bed the blanket was produced to cover you. I have to say that it did seem to work as we were never in bed more than one day :-)

Alastair

Comment

Those kind of treasures can never be replaced. I have been around to a few Christmas fayres but never able to find the larger blankets. There are hundreds for babies.

I love to cuddle up in it (if I had one) with a good cup of tea and watch Hercule Periot! :)
        kellyd:redrose:

Comment

Working...
        X