Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to say Good Bye

Dear Everyone at Electric Scotland,

I have been at ES since 1998. The old timers are great and the new comers are great as well.

I have found a fight I believe in sticking to. I will not bring anymore of it here to the forums but will take it to the newspapers where it belongs.

I want to wish everyone the very best.

God Bless each of you.
    Kelly d Whittaker
    kellyd:redrose:

Re: I want to say Good Bye

The dramatic swansong of a nobody desperate for attention. I won't forget what you did...
    A Circle of Gentlemen

Comment

Alasdair, you have made two open public threats against Kelly. Do you really think an argument such as this can maintain credibility ? After all, we are all pixels in a make-believe world. I am sorry that I ever laid claim to a Scot heritage.

Comment

LuRose, you are doing no less than any good mother would do, and I fully appreciate that blood is thicker than water. However Kelly is a grown woman and is therefore responsible for her own words and actions. She has betrayed my good nature in the most underhand of ways, as well as having fabricated numerous outlandish libellous statements she has no possibility whatsoever of backing up in a court of law. These boards are awash with her wild claims and 'revelations', so it was bound to happen that one day reality would catch up with her.

I, however, have no axe to grind with you and wish you nothing but good health.
        A Circle of Gentlemen

Comment

Hey there,

I had to ask, Kelly, are you The Kelly Valchar who was president of the United Daughters of the Confederacy in Tyrone, Oklahoma? Lurose, are you the same Williams from Turpin, Ok? I met you both when the Sons of Confederate Verterans were in Perryton for Pioneer Days. I don't know if you remember me but I ran the museum there about Judge WB Ocheltree. My husband found Kelly's King Arthur and recognized her.

This fight that is goin on in here, do these guys gotta prove their ancestors like we gotta do here to belong to these heritage groups? Kelly you used to write for three newspapers, I don't believe you would just make something like this up and risk slanderin someone.

We never got involved before but is every person who has scottish ancestors, are they treated like this by people in Scotland? We are saving for a vacation in Scotland but after all this, we are going to have to really think about it.

Chores need to be done. Kelly, you got a library for Tyrone, stick to your guns if you feel this is the right fight for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Vivienne Arthur View Post
            We never got involved before but is every person who has scottish ancestors, are they treated like this by people in Scotland? We are saving for a vacation in Scotland but after all this, we are going to have to really think about it.
            No madam, just those who write before they think. You'll be made very welcome in Scotland.
            A Circle of Gentlemen

Comment

Yes ma'am...we met you at several events that we endorsed for our United Daughters of the confederacy and Sons of Confederate Veterans. We did get the Library at Tyrone, we raised moned at Guymon oklahoma, we had many Memorial Observances for Civil War Soldiers. Kelly and I held two different soldiers ceremonies in Kansas, all the while, we continued to fly the Confederate Flag at their gravesite, If someone stole, it I would replace it. We held the Military Ball in Liberal for a fundraiser for the restoration of the Bronze soldier that stands at the Liberal Cemetery. We raised over 10,000.00 for the restoration. We always honored two Confederate soldiers in the Liberal and Ellsworth Cemeteries. Jay Smith can certainly back me up on this..

Did we meet you at the Perryton Texas Court House dedication also.? That county as you may know is named after William Beck Ochiltree whose grandfather was a staunch Scot. There are three lines of we Ochiltree family from Renfrewshire Scotland.

In December 2009, my brother had a DNA test and it returned as an exact match to three Scottish families, Mac Donald, Buie and MacNeil, and yes we always have to prove our lineage for Scotland as the Lord Lyons is very particular about matching paper work trails...There are those who wanna be and there are those who did not have to leave Scotland for reasons and there were those who had to leave in slave ships to the new colonies. Be prepared to not be accepted in Scotland but it is beautiful scenerey and Churches, so if you can holiday do so...The Webmaster, Alastair McIntyre, would love to give you information and Kelly too is a good tour guide.
              Keep up the good work and I have a lot of Scots stories on this website myself as does Kelly.. This is a well read site and has lots of history and information...Yours truly,
              Lu Hickey

Comment

WEll, I'll be this is a small world! I remember your big red notebook. I thought you already had all your people figured out?

We did see each other at the Courthouse. There for a few years, you, Kelly and the Mason's were in the news every week. I read all of this mess, as did my husband Jim. What have you two gals been up to? I remeber the time Kelly went nose to nose with a mayor. It made the front page of the newspaper. Lu, didn't you do something with the Warren Hotel to?

Where are you and Kelly living at now? The panhandles sure could use old fashioned southern ladies like the both of you right now. The hog farms have ruined everything for 100 miles!

It is really great to run across you again.

Vivienne

ps, arthoritist got to bad, gave up my job a few years back

Comment

Yes Ma'am. it is good to hear from home folk..I moved here to Central Texas about 5 years ago when my youngest daughter and her family relocated from Liberal to Austin...Believe me, Texas is as snobbish as Scotland !!..Kelly has been overseas for good many years.

I remember those arguments with the Mayor...heheee...how funny....and the goodness of the Mason Lodge..they were super to us...My mother was a newswriter for the Round a Bout News for years. When my brothers were in WWll, she published several poems about the horrors of war...She wrote the dedication speech for the new Warren Hotel when it was built. I have that, I might publish it here for you to read..I have kept up with that . I am sorry to hear of the Hog farms ruining everything...I guess that is the big way for prosperity for rich persons. Take care of yourself.. Lu..

Comment

Hello Vivienne,

I am really lost for words. The Ocheltree museum and the courthouse will always be a fond memory for me. I really appreciate what you are trying to do and deeply grateful but this is truly a fight I must do on my own away from ES.

There is so much information about the Scottish people here at ES, I am so glad to find someone from back home actually reading. You have made my day.

I really must leave ES so no more trouble will be brought to their door step :)

Comment

Well you don't need to leave Kelly... just avoid the topic that caused all the issues :-)

Alastair

Comment

Wish I'd put money on this:

Make the whole melodramatic exit to milk sympathy; watch from the wings for reactions; then burst back onto the stage clutching a hanky and wilted flowers, sacrificing her principles for the sake of a beloved public missing her too much. Classic attention seeking.

Sorry love, the audience left ages ago...
                        A Circle of Gentlemen

Comment

Allie,

Thank you! The North Sea has a thick fog in my area and I can hear the sound of the fog horns. I want to be able to share my experiences with others who have never been to this part of the world or witness the things I have. Next month, I get to attend a very special ceremony! I will post after I have been to Scotland.

Comment

We are trying to move on from this episode Alasdair so would appreciate it if you'd also move on. You are more than welcome to be part of this community but let's put this behind us once and for all.

Alastair

Comment

Wow!! I thought this board was different than all the others, but apparently I was wrong. I know I shouldn't be here, but most accepted me. Thought everyone was nice and decent, but after reading things like "Kelly's absence will not be greatly missed by me" and "the women drives me nuts and others feel the same" type comments, I am really sad at the harshness. Don't know anything about the dispute, but I don't want someone to get after me like that. To everyone that commented about me being a new grandma, thanks for all the insight. I will miss posting.

Comment

Working...
                              X