Scottish Independence and Scotland's Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scottish Independence and Scotland's Future

I must say I'm enjoying this new section on the site as I'm getting a lot of good information sent to me. The latest paper sent into me says in part...

The swathe of havoc that the CFP has driven through the Scottish national economy has destroyed two thirds
    of the Scottish offshore fleet, with job losses approaching 100,000 afloat and ashore, and between a quarter
    and a third of a million “expendable” people hit by it overall, including dependents. It has destroyed centuries old
    fishing communities the length and breadth of the country, with devastating economic, social and cultural
    consequences.

The annual loss to the Scottish economy as a result of the EU’s destruction of wealth creation capacity in the
    fishing industry was calculated in 2008 to be over £1,500 million. It has certainly increased substantially since
    then, and must now be in the region of £2,000 million every year. It was an appalling frontal attack by London
    and Brussels on a nation of only 5 million people....

Frankly that alone would be a great reason for getting out of the EU but despite horror stories like this the SNP are bound and determined to stay in should we win independence.

See the new section at http://www.electricscotland.com/independence

Alastair
Working...
X