Border Reiver, Mark Knopfler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Border Reiver, Mark Knopfler

Here's first a singer, guitarist, & song writer that I really do love. Mark Knopfler. Please let me know how you all like him? And I need to say that he has ties to Scotland. As they have it dixabled to watch, please just click on where they tell you to go to YouTube!!!

Last edited by FriedaKateM; 9 July 2011, 15:30. Reason: Explanation go to....

Re: Border Reiver, Mark Knopfler

This is a beautiful video for a powerful song. I've been a Mark Knopfler/Dire Straits fan since the 1970s with "Brothers in Arms" still being one of my all-time favorite albums. Not long ago, the Canadian Broadcast Standards Council tried to censure "Money for Nothing" on the basis of a ridiculous politically-correct complaint from eastern Canada, but the tidal wave outcry from fans forced them to back off. I believe Knopfler is originally a Glasewegian, so comes by his immense talent honestly. Thanks!

Comment

Rick...I believe that Mark calls himself a "geordie". Is that Glaswegian? I have loved his music....even since I "used to watch" MTV. I loved Money for Nothing & Chicks for Free....but realized that he was the main man in Dire Straits. I have a program that I saved on DVR of an appearance of his with Chet Atkins, & it is totally wonderful, with both of them playing guitars. I have another video, that I "think" I can get copied onto here. Let's see! Joan

Comment

Rick, I think that here is the link to Mark K's Golden Heart. I hope it comes out okay. I'm having more difficulties in trying to post videos from YouTube. Not sure if it's their problem or mine!?! Let me know how you liked this one! Joan It's the same as above, you need to click on the disable arrow, to go to YouTube!

Last edited by FriedaKateM; 11 July 2011, 14:43. Reason: add on re: go to

Comment

My Mark Knopfler and Dire Straits CDs and LPs probably get more play than anything else.
          author of "A Faerie's History of Caledonia" (a short history of Scotland - with a twist).
          http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/34462
          author page:
          http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/jeffmaurer

Comment

Thanks FriedaKateM, it's a beautiful piece in a beautiful concert. I've never seen him live but these videos are the next best thing. The trouble is tho', once you've watched one there's an irresistable urge to keep clicking the links to the next one, and the next, ... It made my evening!

Comment

Hi Joan, as far as I understand it, a "Geordie" is someone who speaks a unique dialect centered around Newcastle-upon-Tyne, but Knopfler's biographies have him being born in Glasgow, so I'm not sure about the connection. Maybe someone more familiar with the intracies of Great Britain can sort it out? His work with Chet Atkins was great, and he has a long list of collaborations, my favourite being with Emmylou Harris. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X