In Spite of Ourselves, by John Prine & Iris Dement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Spite of Ourselves, by John Prine & Iris Dement

Have always loved John Prine's singing, basically because he wrote one song I liked of John Denver's. However, I rather like Prine's voice, & have listened to him on the Library of Congress site. Then recently had heard Iris Dement, & purchased 2 of her cd's. At the same time I heard on that website, that she had a song with Prine....& here it is. Posting for all of our enjoyment!!! Joan
    PS: Made NO mistakes on posting this one!

Re: In Spite of Ourselves, by John Prine & Iris Dement

I always liked John Prine's "Spanish Pipe Dream (Blow Up Your TV)"

Comment

Tom...That's the one he did, & John Denver sang. Can't remember what LP it was on. (I saw a concert with John Denver many(!!!!!!) years ago at the U. of Cincinnati. We sat on bleacher seats!!! Anyway, I loved John Denver then, but felt he was foolish to fly without checking how much gas he had in the tank. Joan

Comment

Originally posted by FriedaKateM View Post
        Tom...That's the one he did, & John Denver sang. Can't remember what LP it was on. (I saw a concert with John Denver many(!!!!!!) years ago at the U. of Cincinnati. We sat on bleacher seats!!! Anyway, I loved John Denver then, but felt he was foolish to fly without checking how much gas he had in the tank. Joan
        Spanish Pipe Dream appeared on John Denver's 'Aerie' album released in 1971 (I am not a music historian, I opened another tab and looked it up on Wikipedia).

Comment

Working...
        X