X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack Benny

Here is a video with Jack Benny and Mel Blanc

Re: Jack Benny

NOW there's some fiddle playing!! I remember seeing this however many years ago it was. I did NOT know that Mel Blanc played the bass. Thanks for posting this. Joan
    Last edited by FriedaKateM; 16 March 2011, 13:29. Reason: left out a letter...

Comment

Originally posted by FriedaKateM View Post
      NOW there's some fiddle playing!! I remember seeing this however many years ago it was. I did NOT know that Mel Blanc played the bass. Thanks for posting this. Joan
      I watched this video again to observe Mel Blanc on the bass. He was not actually playing during the video. If you watch his left hand, he is damping the strings. The bass appears to merely have been a prop for his character.

Comment

Hey, Tom... after my watching this again, I agree that Mel isn't playing bass. I also observed that during Jack's playing fiddle, the other two fiddlers behind him, weren't really playing either, nor were they just bouncing their bows in time, the way fiddlers do when someone takes the "lead". I guess we're more cynical at present time!!! Joan

Comment

Working...
        X