World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Cup

Well i went out and bought a new DVD recorder to record some World Cup matches..Only to be told by my better half the Socceroo's lost 4-nil to Germany this morning...I should have saved my money...I was looking forward to watching it.
    Euan..
    Euan..

Re: World Cup

I have great faith in genuine sport, but the World Cup, and most other similar schemes, are a complete waste of money for most viewers. Only the few top organizers make the bug bucks.

Give me amateur sport every day.

Ranald

Comment

Ranald, there isn't much amateur sport now-a-days, everything is controlled by the corporate $$$.As an example, we have a "star" player in our Rugby League earning upwards of $400,000 a year. He was offered 6 Million to play Aussie Rules for 4 years, you can't blame the guy for taking the money, but i don't see how they can pay that much for one player, who, by the way has never played the game (except maybe a few schoolboy games).
      Euan..

Comment

Hi All,
        I have just about had enought TV viewing now with both the football and the tennis.
        If you wnat o see amateur sport there are plenty of teams and clubs around to get involved with. Even the athletics on TV are now subject to the manna of filthy lucre.

Sandy

Comment

Working...
        X