Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I lonely American Scot living in the North of England found her way home...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I lonely American Scot living in the North of England found her way home...

OMG!!! I am finally here, thanks for the newsletter! Thank goodness I still do read..

Huggggs to all the ES'ers!

kellyd...:shocked:
    Attached Files
    kellyd:redrose:

Re: I lonely American Scot living in the North of England found her way home...

Hi Kelly... nice to see you made it in :-)

Alastair

Comment

Kelly, good to see you here...:redrose:
      Marie

Comment

Hi Marie and Thank you and Alastair for saying hi. What happened to our Elda? How is she doing? I have so many questions but will catch up on all the posts.

Hugs,

Comment

Hi Kelly, welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly d View Post
            Hi Marie and Thank you and Alastair for saying hi. What happened to our Elda? How is she doing? I have so many questions but will catch up on all the posts.

Hugs,
            Hi Kelly & Laney !!

Elda is enjoying her Grand children.
            She was on a few days ago.
            I'm still trying to find my away are a round on our new ES.

Last night I found how get a return notification when some one post on something I posted on.
            Marie

Comment

Laney Thank you for Welcoming me back, it has been a long while. I am so glad Elda is doing good.

Moving to the UK put me into a culture shock, I am finally coming out of it! I should have just moved to Renfrewshire Scotland as I originally planned but if wishes were fishes....

I bought a fancy digital camera and will finally go out to the headland. Where I live in Hartlepool, UK is supposed to be the original lands of de bruc's. I will go out to St Hild's Church and get some good pictures of the first Bruce according to legend who came over with William the Conqueror.

I really like this forum. The other one was too hard to find.

Comment

Hi Kelly,
                I saw your post yesterday but it only dawned on me today who you were...lol! I've been wondering if you were still in England. How is hubby and the rest of the family?

Elda

Comment

Elda!!!! Hugss

I would have never thought it was you! I was thinking Australia, I am so sorry.

We have had a very rough time. Adult Social Services and the British Legion stepped in almost the minute we moved over here. Bill was removed from the home and placed into extensive care. He never recovered. He is in a nursing home in Newcastle, where he is closer to the Stroke unit.

The kids have all adapted very well. We found out Robbie is autistic with aspergers syndrome when he was in nursery. All those years, I thought his lack of speech was due to his Dad being ill.

I have only had two jobs since living here. The economy is bad but I cannot get anyone to recognise my BA in Business.

I moved to Hartlepool after our Jennifer met her partner. She has given me two gorgeous grandchildren. Pictures are up if you want to look.

I really did sink into a depression because I am used to working and being at home 24/7 drives me nuts. I have even signed up to be a volunteer and cannot get lucky enough to be called.

It really is good to know you are still here. Laney let me know we lost Chaz and Jim. I am sorry to hear our Bev is so ill.

I am trying to finish up a few stories I started for ES but hitting brick walls when it comes to getting records I need.

Please stay in touch!

Huggggss again.

Comment

"Girl are you happy?" lol. How wonderful it must be, to be where you want to be..Wish I were there to.

I had to say something on the Bruce since I read your post.........Yes, there were severely good men rode in with William the Conquer and one was of my grandfather a Norman knight, that rode with Wm. according to church records, and family genealogy books.

I read a few stories on William's rein according to the writings, he was at times a very harsh man, or when punishment was handed out and cruel in other manners, but I have to hand to him, rule he did, and for a long time.

How awesome that will be for you, to go into the country side where history was made.. I hope you find new joy with your new home, new friends, and above all good weather for taking picture that hopeful you will share with us. Have fun on your run and drive carefully ......... gee-gee
                    "Laus Deo"

Comment

Thanks Gee,

I am sorta where I want to be, I would prefer Scotland but that may change very soon.

To William, he was a harsh man but he was a Norman Viking. Since living over here, I now understand where Normandy is and the fact they spoke French. They were every bit vikings. I can find some information for you if you wish? Just let me know what you are looking for and I will hit our resources here.

Hugs and Bless Ya!

Comment

Working...
                      X